Looking for dive operator in Destin, Fl

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

69rrvert

Registered
Reaction score
We are headed to Destin later this month for a short vacation. My son wants to go diving while we are there. He is 13 and has his AOW certification. We made a few drift dives last year in Cozumel and the shore dive in Grand Cayman. I looked on the www and found Emerald Coast Scuba and Scuba Tech. Are there any others you would recommend. We are staying at the Hilton. Thanks, Steven

No others to my knowledge. Both those in Destin are excellent. Several over in Panama City Beach. I've dived with Dive locker there which was good. There was one in Ft. Walton that closed.

I dove with both outfits when I was in Destin last summer. I did the jetties with Emerald Coast and a boat trip out to a couple of the wrecks with Scubatech. I'd have no problems recommending either of them. You could always try both. The water in Destin is nicer than quarries and some of the diving on the East coast, but don't expect Cozumel viz. Just an FYI.

Both ops are good. And Destin is a fun destination between dives. And if wind and seas are too rough, you can make the drive to Vortex or Morrison Springs, which btw are 68f year-round.

I agree with everything said above. Both shops are great. I lived in Ft Walton Beach, and there were to more there at one time. Sadly both are now gone. The good thing is you have Pensacola an hour, hour and half West and Panama City about the same south East. Vortex is about the same North East. So there are options. Best of luck, I miss the beaches and warm water.

Check out if either of those shops listed on ScubaProReviews.com leave your favorite dive pros a great review.

Oh, another shore option is the Destin ("Marlor") Bridge. Free parking lot West side of bridge. Of course you need slack tide re the current. There are a couple of ways you can dive this--straight out or to the left, or walk to the right and ride a near high tide current back to the bridge, then follow the bridge pilings back to the parking lot. Not a great dive, but OK. And it's right in Destin.

I have used emerald coast years ago, and would recommend them. At the time emerald was recommended over the other.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom