Dacor Pacer 950XL 1st and 2nd stage service...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bruce Herold

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a Dacor Pacer 950XL 1st and 2nd stage set-up with a 950 second stage octopus. I am the original owner and I purchased this back in the early to mid 80’s. They actually seem to work well but I would like to have them overhauled and serviced. I understand Dacor does not support this product and is from what I heard out of business. Does anyone know of a qualified service technician (name, email, phone number) that can provide all replacement parts as needed and readjust both stages?
Thanks!
Bruce Herold

Many shops may not touch them as they can not get parts from the manufacturer. All of the parts that would wear (o-rings/seats) are available aftermarket. If they had damage (corrosion/pitting) in the metal around sealing areas that could be a problem, but if they seem to be working now that should not be an issue. Trident diving offers the seats in there catalog.

not sure who would do it in your area.

Although it doesn't play well with me, try the search function on scubaboard. If you don't get any play here or with a search, try posting again in the Regulator forum and, even though it is not vintage, ask the guys in the Vintage forum.

Good Luck

Bob

Although it doesn't play well with me, try the search function on scubaboard. If you don't get any play here or with a search, try posting again in the Regulator forum and, even though it is not vintage, ask the guys in the Vintage forum.
Good Luck
Bob

FWIIW - go to Google - and Type "scubaboard.com" plus whatever you want to search on... so "Scubaboard.com pacer 950xl" in google is an easier way to search scubaboard - I can not take credit it was passed on to me... so I am passing it along...

Northeast sells aftermarket seats - Dacor Regulator Seat - Mares, Dacor Formula, 300, 350, 900, 950 and others - Northeast Scuba Supply Store

But they specifically exclude Dacor from their service options. As does Airtech which is the other place I know to send regs. for service.

I sold my 950's years ago when parts became non-existent a few years after the Mares buyout of Dacor.
Although from what I've read, Dacor was on life-support by that time anyway.

Dacor went under a long time ago, and there doesn't seen to be much of a vintage gear following with Dacor, so not much interest out there in maintaining servicing/parts options, it's probably not worth your time/effort trying to keep that reg going, but you could still try posting in the Vintage gear and regulator sections of Scubaboard as seen if anyone replies.

Back
Top Bottom