Actual free flow or something else?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bigeclipse

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
All,
I hope this is not a dumb question but here goes...I have an aqualung legend lx reg set. I have noticed when cracking valve is all the way open (turned all the way to the +), at about 30+feet deep (in water temps 50F) if I breath in...then take the reg out of my mouth the reg will free flow but will stop if the reg is pointed down. If I then tilt it back up it will not be free flowing (maybe trickle a couple bubbles) Now if I put the reg back in my mouth and breath and then take it out it will free flow again until pointed down. Now If I do this will the cracking knob at half or less it wont do this at all. My father's reg, which is a titan LX supreme, will do the same thing (but he doesn't have an actual cracking/venture knob). So is this simply NOT a true free flow and how all regs work OR is this happening because we both get our regs serviced at the same shop and they are adjusting it wrong? thanks.

Sounds like it is tuned correctly.

That is what I was thinking. I have not been doing many OOA drills since my initial open water training so my father and I started doing these drills a few weeks ago and this is when I started noticing this happening. Just wanted to double check here.

Back
Top Bottom