Divers Night is Saturday Nov. 7, 2015 !!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FinnMom

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's an international event & you are invited to participate! Divers night is an excellent excuse for a diving get-together. Started in Norway in 2005, it has spread to many other countries and it would be really, really great to get more divers involved all around the world. Registrations so far are for 63 sites in 14 countries. All we ask is that you go diving. Campfires, cake and roasting sausages are optional, but highly recommended.

The idea is get together in local groups and make a night dive together at 8:15 PM (20:15) your local time on November 7, 2015. At the same time you are participating in a world record attempt of trying to have the most divers underwater "at the same time". IMPORTANT => the time for you is your own local time, exppressed as the year on a 24-clock. In 2015 we want to be underwater at 20:15 (in 2005 it was 20:05, etc.). In Hawaii you are underwater at 20:15 local time, in Key West at 20:15 local time, in Oslo at 20:15 local time => Sorry to overdue that point, but the idea of 20:15 "everywhere" always draws questions so I'm overdoing it on purpose.

See the Divers Night site Diversnight 2015 | diversnight.com for more information, to register and even just to see a few really neat photos. Divers Night is a fine photo opportunity BTW. If you want some publicity for your club, your shops or just our sport in general, invite the local press. It's a fun news story, something different and offers unique & beautiful scenes.

Participate! Have fun!

Hm. Only two weeks left, and no events registered in my town :confused:

Earlier years, both the dive shops in town has arranged events. It almost seems as if one of the clubs will have to take responsibility...

Hah! I have none registered in my entire country!

Be a trendsetter! Nothing fancy required, and it's quite fun, esp. if you've never made a night dive in local waters before. All the most boring boulders look huge and mysterious in the light of a flashlight and the fish are much harder to spook at night.

Now there are two :luxhello:
Yup. But since we're hosting one of them (and we were the first to register :cool2:), the choice is pretty simple.

One day to go. There are 126 sites in 22 countries now. If you want to participate, there's still time to register your site.

Come to the dark side.

Can't wait. I have invited 4 new divers for their first ever Night Dive. We are expecting a nice turn out for the Cape Town dive. Thanks Tony. I have three dives scheduled for tomorrow, any excuse right!

Really neat video. What is the fish with the exceptionally long tail? What are the sunburst-looking starfish called in Norwegian?

Back
Top Bottom