What the the Scuba Diving movies?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishkiller

Contributor
Reaction score
Mesa Arizona, The all beach no ocean state.
# of dives
100 - 199
After spending some time down at my LDS, there was this question posed, and not knowing of anything specific other than "Sea Hunt" and "the Deep", I turn to those that can answer the question.

I don't know of a movie specifically about scuba diving. "Men of Honor" is great movie about a Navy Diver. I've heard The Big Blue or Great Blue (The name is escaping me now) is a good movie about free divers. I'm interested in seeing it. Any reviews?

I believe scuba gear was donned in the first Jaws movie. Can we count that?

If you have DVD, get Abyss in this format. The documentaries and making of the movie have some great scuba and hardhat footage. James Cameron the director was in the water for up to nine hours a day. They filmed in an unused nuclear cooling tank that held seven million gallons or so. Man did thay have some trouble doing this movie. All of the actors were trained AOW.

Originally posted by Iguana Don
The One with Sharon Stone
"Sphere"

I'll second getting The Abyss on DVD. The doco's were almost more interesting to watch than the movie.

Does "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" count?

Originally posted by TexasMike
Does "Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea" count?
if you count both "SeaQuest":wink: series

Totally forgot about Men of Honor :confused: that was more military true story, diving related but not Scuba.

I have ABYSS the Director's cut Version, But that isn't really a scuba diving movie, more of a underwater movie. There are several movies that have diving in them but none about SCUBA are there?

If you mean scuba playing a key role in the plot, I don't think so.....Probably due to appealing to just a niche of the mass market and not being able to have extneded dialog underwater unless the divers are in hardhats (a la "The Abyss).

I know...let's get a housing for your camera and we will film the next low budget sensation....."the Scuba Movie!"

whew...that's a rotten title....

Okay people! Here's your chance to get creative....help me and FK develop a title and plot to an "all scuba" movie.

Back
Top Bottom