I'm back! Okay,don't laugh,dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracydr

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
North Carolina, 3 miles from South Carolina
# of dives
500 - 999
I know. Laugh away because this is funny.
First dive back since suffering from my bone disease in March,2013. ( multi joint avascular necrosis). Possibly caused by some light DCS, along with some complicating medical issues.
Hubby and I are in Miami,he has a conference. Brought the dive gear and felt like we needed a check out dive before any boat dive or anything difficult. Unfortunately, can't find a boat dive tomorrow AM but we will drive up to Blue Heron bridge and dive, which I've wanted to do for years. Would love to do a night dive tomorrow night but just can't find anyone going out.
So, dive report for today. Like I said,don't laugh!
6 feet,39 minutes, temp 84 degrees,used 500 psi,air. :rofl3: Easiest dive,ever. Even compared to some of my pool dives,lol!
Muck bottom on turtle grass. This was basically a bouyancy control dive!
No signs of DCS,lol!
But here's the cool part:
Saw- a school of 12" long barracuda, some mangrove snappers, lots of sea urchins, a queen conch ( huge)!, and, the biggest,coolest, free swimming seahorse! An upside down jellyfish, some interesting nudibranchs, plenty of orange sponge, and lots of things I haven't yet identified.
Everything worked, things went smoothly, no issues.
Used my high speed new Liquidvision computer. My DSS short backplate and a polar fleece skin.
And,yes, I will log this dive.

Laughter? - no
Envy? - yes
Free-swiming sea horse - way cool!

Welcome back. So glad for you that your diving continues.

Saw- a school of 12" long barracuda,.

welcome back

Perhaps Southern Sennet:

3351928124_997ee045de_m.jpg

A wonderful dive!

I don't even know how many dives/year I spend simply confirming that yes, the visibility here is indeed 2' at all depths and in all locations. But what the heck, you are away from your phone, away from your customers/small children/undone chores and even getting exercise in that funky weightless environment. A dive is never a waste and barracuda and a seahorse are absolutely brilliant finds!

The sea horse was amazing. Much larger than I've ever seen before,maybe 6"? Big,fat and I saw it swimming from 3-4 feet away. We were able to follow for a long time. She would swim a bit,tie onto some grass with her tail,swim some more. This was not one of those seahorses that require a magnifying glass and X-ray vision,that's for sure!
I'm sure our "dive" was much longer than 39 minutes but my computer only logged stuff below 5 feet.
going to Blue Heron Bridge this AM for more creature spotting. Plan to be in slow mode again. Yesterday we covered very little ground,looking for small,cool stuff and working on bouyancy/trim,no-silt finning. Today's diving will be more of the same.
I was so disappointed that we didn't see a manatee,though. Maybe today? That's one of the next things on my must-see while diving list. Swimming around in grass And shallow water I guess it's possible?
For those that know the are between Miami and Lauderdale, is there a reef or structure close-in that we could do tonight as a shore,night dive? I know this is a shallow shore amd we really need a boat but with hubby's conference schedule we couldn't find anything that would work. The only trip listed for Miami that would work for our schedule was a technical dive to 150 feet. That can wait until I've been back to diving awhile and taken my AN/DP/Heliox class,which is next on my dive class list.

There is a lovely dive at Hollywood ScubaJenny calls the Yellow Brick Road. Lots to see. So glad you are getting to dive again.:hugs: The BHB.. so you get to be a BHB Troll too now. Lovely dives there. I managed to get a 3 hour dive in there a year or so ago. Did you see any batfish?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom