Dumb things I've seen on cattle boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Overheard on cattle boat in WPB,"Man, can you believe it? I had to do 4 minutes at 15 feet!! That must be a record."

The dive boats in Thailand tie off in a chain if there is already a boat at the mooring (must be a shortage of sites). If one loses its mooring, it and the rest in the chain of boats go drifting away...

Unwitting swapping of weight belts is a regular occurance. When they make it as far as the water, it becomes funny. :lol:

The 250lb guy can't figure out why he can't get under, and his 110lb wife doesn't understand why she sank like a rock. :scratch:

Back when I just got my DM I was helping out on the boat and was designated to pull a float ball!

Well... I thought I was cool and I was until I hit the water I lost one of my fins AND dropped the reel in about 90' of water. What made it worse was the whole boat of 20 +/- divers was now jumping in behind me so I had to think quick. What did I go after.... hmmm... The Reel!!!!

So I made a lunge for the line of the reel and recovered the floatball and completed my dive with only one fin, I swam like a dolphin the whole dive!

What was truly amazing was that at least 60% of the divers in the water swam up to me and pointed at my finless foot trying to tell me that the fin was gone. DUH......

Female "divers" (I use that term loosely) that think high heels and platform shoes are proper boat attire. AND, they reapply their makeup BEFORE they get in the water (guess they want to stay purdy for the fish????)

Six years ago I went on the Gulf Stream Eagle live aboard out of WPB. Two groups of people had booked the boat, one from a WPB dive club and the other was a techie group from the Tampa area.

This techie group was so anal retentive that they were hanging nitrox stage bottles during 25' dives in the Bahamas. :rolleyes:

A guy put the reg on backwards and it was hard to remove from the tank.

A guy jumped in and his mask fell to the bottom. He had forgotten to pull it down.

A gal jumped in and landed feet first on the back of a diver who was just under the water. No injuries.

A diver(me) slung on his doubles and when the top band of the harness slipped off, the tanks fell to the deck.

A spearo had a once in lifetime shot and the safety was on.

On a shore excursion, divers leaping off a 20 foot cliff into 6 feet of water(fun while it lasted). One gal sprained her back.

Some divers lose stuff on practically every dive.

During the night, a diver fell off the stern while the boat was underway. He was found the next morning, alive. He was the same diver who lost the mask.

Back
Top Bottom