Should there be a “Team Diving” discussion forum on this board?

Should there be a “Team Diving” discussion forum on this board?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
This being such a critical aspect of buddy diving. Buddy diving being the established, predicated and preferred way to dive - by most. Yet, ironically, poor or no team skills is also one of the biggest deficiencies found in many buddy divers.

A forum dedicated to this most important aspect of buddy diving would serve to enhance its understanding for many, through open discussion. An understanding of team diving basic principles as well as its finer points, and the significance of such, would be an asset for all fairly new divers. Planning, an inseperable quality of team diving, in which many are also deficient, would also be suitable as well as an asset of this forum. As always, all can gain a better understanding from information sharing.

Such a forum would serve to bring and keep these important topics at the forefront of discussion for those interested, instead of getting lost in the general discussion.

What do you think and why?

I think it would be a good idea, as long as it doesn't descend into a slanging match
;o)

a lot of it I believe is the way in which instructors teach buddy diving, I think it would help if when an instructor teaches the open water they encourage greater inter-dependency between the buddies teamed up during the course. This should happen but all too often, you see an instructor on a dive site leading a cattle train of students not practising what they should have been taught during the academic sessions.

This is not the students fault and obviously as soon as they start diving themselves with a buddy, they carry on this behaviour.

Yes, please do.

Even though I haven't met the Buddy from H**l yet, I remain interested to see what I could do better. DIR also focuses on team diving but, for now, I'm quite happy with my regular gear setup.

Back
Top Bottom