Certified!! Yahoo!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubyDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let everyone know that my certification trip to Florida Springs this past weekend went very well and resulted in my OW certification.

I had a couple minor slip-ups but nothing insurmountable. Vortex Springs was.....less than I expected. The water was clear but it did have a lot of silt which never settled (and we were the first group in). It was my first ever OW dive however so it was still awesome. It was way cool to have the fish swim right up to your mask and stare you down!! There were lots of large bream, and we also saw large carp (18" long) which actually were swimming in large schools which was very cool to see.

Cypress Springs the following day for OW dives 3 & 4 was much better. The visibility was gin clear and it was much more "natural" a setting than Vortex. Unfortunately the weather was pretty cool that day (54F at first dive) and I froze my tale off during the surface interval. I did head up to the showers and take a hot shower which helped. The sun came out bright during the second dive which illuminated the bottom (way cool), so getting out after the last dive wasnt so chilly.

Im already considering starting my "Adventures in Diving" courses which will get me started on my Advanced OW Certification. It would be nice to go ahead and get that before I go full steam ahead into massive numbers of dives during this summer.

Plus it means being able to get wet again before the lakes warm up!! :)

I have two things to say to you:

1. Congratulations, that's awesome!
2. I am SO jealous!

Originally posted by Murdock325
I have two things to say to you:

1. Congratulations, that's awesome!
2. I am SO jealous!

I 2nd that .......

Way to go, Scuby!!! I'm jealously impatient. 5 weeks to go and counting till I (hopefully) complete my OW. Well done

Congratulations! :thumb:

ScubyDoo,

Nice Job. Your hooked for sure now.
Well, you can't say we didn't warn you.
Never again will you have $ that you don't know what to do with. :wink: :D

Congrats :thumb:

Congrats man! Great Job!

Back
Top Bottom