Going to Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kestrell

Reaction score
Going to Dutch Springs this weekend with the wife so she can do her check-out dives for OW cert. Anyone else going to be there this weekend?

I was also followng the thread in Wreck Vally but I will be there Sunday am around 8-9 and plan on doing sucking down one tank and heading home by noon.

I'll be there on Sunday, ScubaVenture is having a free picnic/treasure hunt. They usually have some nice prizes.

Did Dutch Springs on Saturday and Sunday. It was fun both days. My wife got certified, which is great. She did well, but did have some difficulty with the mask flood. Contact lenses complicated the issue, but she'll soon be getting a prescription mask. She was also short of breath at one point and signalled to go to the surface. Normal ascent rate, no panic. I'm glad she didn't try and "tough it out" when she didn't feel well. That is how little problems become big ones. It turns out she had her cumerbun (sp) too high and it was pressing on her diaphram. She also stared her dive out of breath from putting her gear on. Generally though she was calm and confident. I think she will be a good diver with some practice. I'm very proud of her.

Anyway Dutch was a bit murky as the algae was in bloom and the vis on each of the second dives was worse due to divers stirring up the bottom.

We saw the Comet, the van, the school bus, and the fire truck. Didn't have time to check out the island and the plane, or the helicopter, but the summer isn't over and we'll probably be there in two weeks to get some more diving in.

Also, her instructor was awsome. This guy was patient, thorough, friendly and professional. He never rushed my wife and not only did he teach her the basic skills of diving, he imparted to her the excitement and wonder of diving as well.

There are many "believers" in diving, but few who can spread the gospel of diving. Thanks Steve, you really did something great for not just my wife, but both of us when you taught her how to dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom