Looking for school in Phillipines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tracker

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I got OW certification in Subic, PI. I think it was 1981. I lost all belongings in house catastrophe including c-card and documents. I am sure it was NAUI through an organization called sea/US. Could any one help me locate these people. NAUI main office has no record of my training. Don't understand why I'm not in their database since they go back to 1970. I have used my search engine with no luck.

I can give you the names of a few shops currently there that I know -

Johan's Dive (shop / center?)
Dive Buddies
Vasco's
Scuba Shack

As far as I know, diving was only opened up in Subic after the departure of the us navy in the mid 90s. Makes me wonder what dive shop would have been there when you couldn't dive in the bay? Was it a navy shop and you guys were somehow allowed to dive in the area? Anyway, I've made 3 trips there over the last couple years (and dive in other areas of the Phils about 10 times ayear) and I've never heard of this shop. Sorry.

Maybe if you contact one of the shops above they'll be able to help you track the instructors down. Good luck!

Scuby Dooby:
I can give you the names of a few shops currently there that I know -

Johan's Dive (shop / center?)
Dive Buddies
Vasco's
Scuba Shack

As far as I know, diving was only opened up in Subic after the departure of the us navy in the mid 90s. Makes me wonder what dive shop would have been there when you couldn't dive in the bay? Was it a navy shop and you guys were somehow allowed to dive in the area? Anyway, I've made 3 trips there over the last couple years (and dive in other areas of the Phils about 10 times ayear) and I've never heard of this shop. Sorry.

Maybe if you contact one of the shops above they'll be able to help you track the instructors down. Good luck!

Thanks for the info. It might have been a military class, although it wasn't for any Navy training required. I didn't know about diving restrictions. I did several beach dives in Subic Bay, but now that you mention it, it was all military buddies. Thanks.

Tracker,
I know your message is old but i just joined and came across it.
I graduated from Scuba School in Subic in 77 so I don't know if my info is any good or not? The only civilian? dive shop so to speak in the subic was on Grande Island and that may have been a navy special services? I don't know for sure. The only certification we were offered besides our militay cert. was to pay something like $25 and you would also get a PADI certification. But all that was almot 30 years ago!
Sorry I can't help you any more.
Karl F

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom