Why no section for selling used gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I'm new here and don't know if this has been covered before, but why isn't there a section on the board for selling used gear or looking for gear?

At the bottom of the scuba board there is a place/button titled scuba classifieds. There you will find some equipment for sale.

jbd...you just beat me to it!

That's an interesting idea. I would think that with the large number of experienced divers who use this forum, there must be a lot whom have old gear they no longer use. Inter-forum sales could prove beneficial to experienced divers by giving them a ready market to get rid of thier older gear, while also helping newbie divers trying to save a little money.

Its possible there may be some legal restrictions as far as interstate commerce is concerned? Im sure some of our legal eagle divers can comment on that.

Im a newbie diver myself, and I already have a Mares SPG Id like to get rid of. Its brand new and never been used! Tried to sell it on Ebay and didnt even get one bid :(

There I go not reading the fine print again. Thanks for pointing that out to me down there!

Scooby....

It is permitted for you to announce (one time) that you have something for sale on eBay. So if you wanted to relist the SPG, and then announce in the general equipment section that it's up and running, and provide a link to the auction, ScubaBoard rules do permit that.

What we frown on is out and out blatant advertising (responding to each query that you sell widgets and providing info on how to purchase your widgets). So a one time announcement is cool with us.

Back
Top Bottom