you gotta love...........

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjeffro

Registered
Reaction score
That feeling you get when you are dropping down the anchor line and the shipwreck takes shape below you. like a ghost coming out of the darkness. diving off the coast of NJ vivibility is sometimes a problem anyone else dive with the same conditions?

Yup right here in Massachusetts. We dive in what looks like cold green pea soup. I get the experience as you when I dive on the Chester Poling ship wreck off of Cape Ann. You go down down down and then all of a sudden there she is, big and beautiful. :)

………………. Arduous ……………….

Sometimes I can't even tell a wreck is there if she is over 200 ft away. :tease:

It is amazing as the wreck comes in view as you descend down the anchor line. It is also cool as you are swimming over a low debris field looking for bugs, and all of a sudden you see the shape of the engine, or maybe the bow coming out of the gloom… It always makes me shudder a bit… or maybe that’s because I’m still diving in a wetsuit :D

Ty

diverjeffro- "That feeling you get when you are dropping down the anchor line and the shipwreck takes shape below you. like a ghost coming out of the darkness. "

;-(

Arduous- "You go down down down and then all of a sudden there she is, big and beautiful. "

:small:

tchil01- ", and all of a sudden you see the shape of the engine, or maybe the bow coming out of the gloom… "

;-0

It's been too long!! I know of at least two and possiblty four charters (NJ wrecks) that I NEED a spot on next time I go in to the dive shop. ... thank you. :small: & the shop thanks you.

I know the feeling Kaffphine. I actualy tried to get out this weekend but the two boats I called were full. There's still not that many boats running until April. I've already signed up at my LDS for a dive the second week of April.

Ty
:yellow:

I don't know the feeling, YET. But I expect to on April 21st! Diving off the R/V Wreck Valley down to my first wreck. Will robably be my first salt water dive, first wreck dive, and first bug hunt all in one!

Three cheers fo the jersey shore!

SpyderTek

my first wreck was the chester polling and watching it materialize from the background was about the most exciting thing I had ever seen as a diver. I do not penetrate, but it is still quite a rush to drop down on one!:whoa:

I too do not penatrate the wrecks nor do i have the desire. I am 6' 3" tall so my big body aint goin anywhere inside a wreck.

Ah sounds like diving over here in Blighty. 9 times out of 10 you know it's a wreck when you swim head first into the thing and knock yerself out!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom