padi peak performance buoyancy class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saintsfan

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I was guaranteed by an instructor that he could (based on the gear I use and my weight)that he could get me down 5 lbs in weight.I think I am fine on weight but he said everyone thats ever taken the class with him has shed a few lbs. anyone ever taken the class?? worth it??

boomx5:
Try taking 5# off your belt and save yourself some money.

That is so funny, me likes............

I don't think the main point of the ppb class is to shed pounds(though it certainly can be one of the reason), but to take the class just to shed pound is a very poor argument. We all learned in our OW class how to reach perfect weighting, so you really don't need to take a class just to do soemthing you can do by yourself.

DementialFaith:
I don't think the main point of the ppb class is to shed pounds(though it certainly can be one of the reason), but to take the class just to shed pound is a very poor argument. We all learned in our OW class how to reach perfect weighting, so you really don't need to take a class just to do soemthing you can do by yourself.

Following this reasoning to its natural conclusion, you don't have to take ANY classes at all. Nifty reasoning. Go out and teach yourself scuba. If you survive, you've made it.

Anyhow, PPB is a good class for people who've just started diving and who want to perfect buoyancy skills. Or for people who - like the majority of divers - go down with too much lead.

Sure you can perfect buoyancy skills on your own, but experience shows very few divers actually do so.

I just wanted to know if the class was a good class,I know how to take weights off, if you actually learned anything other than a refresher.I just tried to explain what he was telling me and how I dont think I need to, I wanted to see if someone had taken the class and gotten anything out of it. simple.
just for the record just out of open water I was actually able to drop 5 lbs within a few dives.
DementialFaith:

Take the class, what do you have to lose? I would ask If they teach vertical trim and buoancy at the same time. That will come in handy if you decide to continue your scuba classes in the future

novadiver:
........vertical trim and buoancy ........
Did you really mean that?

saintsfan:
I just wanted to know if the class was a good class,

I took the class several years ago. I got a little out of it. It all depends on how much the instructor puts into the class. The class I took was pretty weak but then again so was the price.

If you understand horizontal trim and have excellent buoyancy control you won't gain much from the class. If the class doesn't include horizontal trim then don't waste your time and money.

I teach this in my OW classes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom