My Birthday Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad to have you back at least mostly in one piece...I will stick to quarries and reefs with no current for awhile after that story. No chance this scared you enought to want to sell me those 104's did it?

Ya gotta have the bad ones to 'preciate the good ones, eh? Good one, UP.

:D

Mike

Originally posted by ckharlan66
Glad to have you back at least mostly in one piece...I will stick to quarries and reefs with no current for awhile after that story. No chance this scared you enought to want to sell me those 104's did it?
Thanks for the sentiment and no I'm not selling the 104's but this dive really did show me that I need another set of them....

I've 2000 psi of 30/30 left and I don't want to waste that on a 60' dive... so I need a set of doubles for EAN32....

Course then I'll need as set for....

There ain't no such thing as a bad dive. We call them...learning experiences :wink:.

:D

Mike

Wow! Great story Uncle Pug! You really are a fantastic writer. I read every word with great anticipation and loved the humor. I know you are a great diver but Jeez!! Do you have a deathwish? :reaper:

Im glad you both made it out in one piece.

Happy Birthday!!! :balloon:

For those of you who have not been to DP, it is not a nice place at all! It is certainly nice to look at, laugh at the people who try to paddle around in it, but definately not a place I'd pick to dive.

Picture this..... Straight up very jagged rock walls that come in and make a sort of bend. The water comes blasting in like it is in some sort of race, but really has nowhere to go. The water tries to exit the way it came, but more water on the way in saying no way! The incoming and outgoing water get into a fight and it kinda looks like an outboard motor in a 55 gallon drum at full throttle! This place is not very wide so the whole thing is corked up in this narrow passage and is a real mess.

I think I'd pick a better one for next year, UP.

Later, Hawk.

PS... Happy birthday!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom