CMAS in USA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bohne

Reaction score
Hi there
I am looking for CMAS based dive bases in the USA. I know that many bases accept CMAS divers in the meantime, but I need a base that actually teaches CMAS* to CMAS***
Can anyone help? Thanks

The Florida Keys are a popular destination for European divers, so some of the dive ops in that area are familiar with CMAS.

For example, Amy Slate's Amoray Divers specifically mentions having BSAC training.

And Captain Slate's Atlantis Dive Center mentions CMAS training.

In both cases, though, it is not mainstream and you should set up everything well ahead of time.

Even if you do CMAS*** in Florida, the conditions in Germany are quite different and local training/refresher is recommended before diving there.

Thanks you guys, I will check out all links you posted!
Problem is not that I want to do a course.
I am already a CMAS* instructor, living in Germany.
However, if things turn bad, I might have to move to the US temporarily.

Temporarily being 2 - 4 years, which again makes me worry about losing my instructor's licence if I cannot teach.

So that's the background to the question.
Thanks again for your help.

You can find CMAS Instructors on the CMAS AMERICAS webpage at Welcome to CMAS AMERICAS OFFICIAL WEBPAGE we are the representative Federation for CMAS training in the US. The old YMCA Scuba program which no longer exists as the YMCA only offered "equivalency" CMAS certification. We are the real deal we teach CMAS courses and issue CMAS qualifications. Send us an email with the details of your request and we will do our best to get you sorted out.

Regards,
Frank
Frank J. Toal Jr., President
CMAS AMERICAS

You can find CMAS Instructors on the CMAS AMERICAS webpage at Welcome to CMAS AMERICAS OFFICIAL WEBPAGE we are the representative Federation for CMAS training in the US. The old YMCA Scuba program which no longer exists as the YMCA only offered "equivalency" CMAS certification. We are the real deal we teach CMAS courses and issue CMAS qualifications. sounds like you are looking to become a CMAS Instructor in the US. That would mean you need to join CMAS AMERICAS and continue to teach CMAS. We already have an Instructor from Germany as well as Instructors from Brazil, Israel, Algeria, Bosnia, Venezuela and Mexico who now live in the US as members of the CA family.

Regards,
Frank
CMAS AMERICAS

Please be aware that the proper method for taking a CMAS course in the US is to go to a CMAS instructor who is a member of CMAS AMERICAS the only true CMAS training Federation in the US. The YMCA Scuba program is gone.

Regards,
Frank
CMAS AMERICAS

Please be aware that the proper method for taking a CMAS course in the US is to go to a CMAS instructor who is a member of CMAS AMERICAS the only true CMAS training Federation in the US. The YMCA Scuba program is gone.

The last post on this thread was four years ago. FYI. The OP was last logged on to SB back in April of 2005...

Also, YScuba is now effectively YDIScuba.com which is the YScuba program, but without the YMCA (and their lack of support). I think its a bit disingenuous to say its "gone". They are merely operating on their own, with the same program.

YDI Scuba is getting up and running. I talked to the YDI management at length at DEMA and during the conversation I specifically asked about the issue of CMAS certification for YDI students and instructors. I was told that CMAS reciprocity was something they "had to work on" so it's not clear at this point if YDI certification will get you a CMAS card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom