PADI REscue Diver Course - Changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divemed06

Contributor
Reaction score
I've been out of it for a little while and my search has turned up nothing. Has PADI changed it's rescue course...if so, what are the changes... (please tell me they've made it a little tougher and rewarding to earn the cert!!).
Thanks

Do you think this suggests that for anyone that is taking a PADI IDC, it is now unneccessary (redundant) to take the DAN O2 Provider as well?

H2Andy:
the only significant change that i am aware of is that PADI is now covering O2
administration to patients. i don't know in what depth, though, or how it compares
with the DAN O2 provider course.
Actually my DAN O2 provider course resulted in a PADI O2 Provider card. I've looked at the instructor's manual on it and it appears to be at least as good, if not more thorough than the DAN course was.

James

jagfish:
Do you think this suggests that for anyone that is taking a PADI IDC, it is now unneccessary (redundant) to take the DAN O2 Provider as well?
I might be reading this wrong, but if you are thinking that the new Rescue Course O2 stuff will replace O2 Provider, that is incorrect. The O2 stuff in the new Rescue Course is introductory only - you need to do a complete O2 course to be O2 certified.

jagfish:

Jag, you CAN take the course, but it really isn't of immediate benefit to you while you go through the IDC. Current (within 2 years) CPR & First aid is all that is required to qualify as an IDC grad and IE participant.

Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions: PADI CD & IDC Staff on this side of the screen. :wink:

Pax,

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom