Emergency Assistance Plan - Format?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dgallo

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone created a template for an Emergency Assistance Plan?

I'm currently doing all the homework for my PADI Divemaster and I would like to see the different ways people have approached this assignment.

Thanks!

- David

dgallo:

I'm currently doing all the homework for my PADI Divemaster and I would like to see the different ways people have approached this assignment.

Thanks!

- David

Sorry- we dont do homework here :wink:

But you could try getting together with your DM candidate buddy's and talkin about what kinda things you could put on there! If you get really stuck, ask us again :D

SF

Maybe you misunderstood. I'm not asking someone to do it for me. I've already created one, and it nicely fulfills my requirement. I'm looking for what other people have done because I want ideas on how to make what I do have better.

It's not like I'm a 16 year old who can't be bothered to look up information. I know the information, and I want to use all the resources available to me to develop the best way to present the information.

I'm not asking for copies of the exams. I'm asking for what other people have done.

- David

ScubaFreak:
Sorry- we dont do homework here :wink:

But you could try getting together with your DM candidate buddy's and talkin about what kinda things you could put on there! If you get really stuck, ask us again :D

SF

Check out this website. It has lots of great information and I reference it frequently for updates. This link is to the emergency response plan -

http://www.scuba-doc.com/EmgDvMd.htm

dgallo:

Thanks!

- David

I guess you've seen the stuff done by PADI but here's a link anyway.

https://www.daneurope.org/eng/english.htm

I make my OW students do these for every dive site they visit (usually one or two) and my AOW students do them as well both for the sites they visit and a dive trip they plan as a homework assignment.

This is the template I give them and they have to come up with a map from the site to the closest hospital. I also give them a template for personal medical information.

EMERGENCY ASSISTANCE PLAN—DIVE SITE:__________________________

EMERGENCY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE

Rescue Squad phone #:

Nearest medical facility:

Name:________________________________________________

Address:______________________________________________

City/State/Zip:_________________________________________

Phone: _______________________________________________

Directions from dive site to medical facility (also see attached map):
1. Turn _________________ out of dive site onto ___________________

EMERGENCY FIRST AID PROCEDURES

1. Remove victim from water and place in supine (on back) position call EMS
2. Monitor vital signs (resuscitate if necessary)
3. Administer first aid
4. Administer 100% oxygen
5. If rescue squad is unavailable transport victim to nearest medical facility
6. Provide rescue and emergency room personnel with details of the accident/injury and with the Medical Consultation Information below.

MEDICAL CONSULTATION INFORMATION

Note: The organization listed below will provide detailed medical consultation information for medical problems unique to diving.

Diver’s Alert Network (D.A.N.): 1-919-684-4326 (collect emergency calls accepted)

I played around in MS Word until I had a format that would fit nicely into my logbook. The front side contains all of the emergency information, and the back side has all of the non-emergency information.

Wow! That's a great resource. An amazing wealth of information at your fingertips.

Thanks!

- David

ReneeC:
Check out this website. It has lots of great information and I reference it frequently for updates. This link is to the emergency response plan -

http://www.scuba-doc.com/EmgDvMd.htm

I hadn't even thought of trying to make it to fit in a logbook. Great idea.

- David

DBailey:
I played around in MS Word until I had a format that would fit nicely into my logbook. The front side contains all of the emergency information, and the back side has all of the non-emergency information.

I also included a map, from Mapquest, on how to get to the nearest hospital from the dive site. Also what medical equipment was avilable at the life gaurd stand and their hours of operation.Also how the emergency vehicle could get closest to the scene. Typical underwater conditions and what to NOT touch. My underwater mapping project took me about 15 hours of bottom time (solo mapping of one site) but I could tell you anything you ever needed or wanted to know about that site. I put all my info together and had it laminated and bound so I could take it with me and show the OW students what to expect on their first dive. It was alot of work, probably more than what was expected, but I now have , what I believe, to be a very important piece of information that could, very well, calm an anxious new diver.

Best wishes to you.....

btw, I love your format Ber Rabbit !

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom