What's the weirdest item you've found U/W?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Iguana Don

Reaction score
This ought to be interesting.

I'm talking about strange, not Rolex watches, sunglasses or bathing suits. I talking strange.

On last trip to Cozumel I found the strangest thing I have ever found underwater. Ready for this? I found a man's upper plate, yes, the top plate of his false teeth. Just hope the rest of him came up without them.

There are lots of people here with lots of dives, surely y'all have something to add.

ID

I found a UK 400 R torch (flashlight in american?) that had been there for some while, (had a dead mans finger growing on it!) it worked when I switched it on! - took it to the local dive store, they had't had anyone report it missing, so my other half now has it.

Not necessarily weird, but certainly useful.

Jon T

Not that I was with Mario, but I've seen a toilet also. Right near by were some bottles of beer (empty) -- perhaps there's a connection?

I think I've seen a merman, no that's just in my dreams....

I did pick-up a mask & snorkel off a reef in Bonaire once. Perfect condition...its now my backup.

Found a .38 caliber pistol in Lake Travis once.
Found 4 masks and 3 snorkels in 3 dives one week, just a few years ago.
On a Blackbeards Cruises trip we found a wreck that had not been reported. The captain did not think it had been there a week yet. Found bags of coins, tons of clothes, American flag. Probably an island trader.
Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom