Anyone from or been to Philippines?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's been a long time since I dove the Philippines (70's) but it was GREAT! :) It was our home port when I was in the Navy during the Viet Nam campaign. I dove every chance I got and enjoyed every dive. Not only was the diving fantastic but the Philippine people were extremely friendly. I would recommend the diving highly.

HOWEVER, make sure you have a camcorder, what you see on land and in the sea will be well worth shooting!

I do hope to get back some day. Spent many enjoyable days there between 70-85 when I was a West coast sailor.
I'd sure like to dive the inland Phillippine Sea.. I'd really love to explore the San Bernadino and the Surigao straits.
And Scarborough shoals...
Then kick back and review the experience over a few cold San Miguels.
Someday, maybe...
Rick

Glad to know there are at least two people in this board who have been here. Diving is becoming more and more popular... I bet when you dove here, lots of locals would be curious as to what you were doing.

Oh yeah, SAN MIGUEL... YOU REMEMBER!

Here's one for you... <glug> <glug> <glug> <buurp>

I spent about two weeks in the Phillipines in October.

I dove for about 5 days in Puerto Galera, beautiful place, great to relax in, everything, diving included, is very very cheap.

I do hope to get back some day. Spent many enjoyable days there between 70-85 when I was a West coast sailor.
I'd sure like to dive the inland Phillippine Sea.. I'd really love to explore the San Bernadino and the Surigao straits.
And Scarborough shoals...
Then kick back and review the experience over a few cold San Miguels.
Someday, maybe...
Rick
times have changed - Scarborough is now occupied by China

Been to the Phils many times but I avoid Boracay. That place is a prime example of how to screw up a great place with uncontrolled development.

Have you been to the Philippines? Please tell me more about your trip. I am very curious. Of course I live here and could probably tell you a lot more but I would like to hear it from your viewpoint.

I did my OW with Blue Mango in 2010, understand that the patriarch has since passed, not sure if Dustin or Jay are there any more.

In any case, I would almost be afraid to return to Boracay to dive based on what I hear... I prefer to remember it fondly as where I fell in love with the sport :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom