Most Unusual Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SteveDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Where was the site that you did your most unusual/interesting dive?

Mine was probably the Manta Ray night dive off the former Kona Surf hotel. In 1001 dives, that's the only time I have ever stood upright on the sand. It was also the only time I've dived in a group that stood in formation.

Night Diving with old Kibbutz Friends in Eilat and seeing another side of them underwater.... hitching a ride on my tank... playing with my ears.... throwing pebbles at me. It's fun horsing around with people that helped raise you- underwater. Sure, they are 40 by now and all, but they still act like they are 10.

Subtle, and hardly cool.... but one time diving I will never forget. That and I have only logged like- what, 20 dives.

Probably this weekend get back with you on that....post dive

Valahalla, Abilene, TX.

Becky

goofystan:

Most unusual: My first "dive" on a pool with about 15-18 students and a few DM going in all directions like mads :)

Interesting: The next dive, that's for sure :)

goofystan:

The most unusual dive for me would have been inside the G.O.T. at the New England Aquarium in Boston. 23' deep, strong current, and more fish per gallon of water than anywhere in the world (short of another aquarium).

--Matt

The Thislegorm wreck,located at Sha'b Ali, Gulf of Suez,Red Sea;Chac-Mool cenote near Playa del Carmen,Mexico.

probably the weirdest was when I noticed it getting dark underwater and the fish acting weird. I surfaced to find a total solar eclipse in Thailand.

The weirdest/best I did on a regular basis was a dawn dive I used to do in Australia, you could watch the sunrise from 80 ft under the sea.

I vote with Becky on most unusual-Valhalla Missile Silo in Abilene, TX. Toughest one too because of having to haul all your gear underground, then down a steep set of stairs to a platform, and then back up and out!

Most interesting-Florida caverns.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom