• I don't know

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • They still call it Devil gas !

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • I do it in my garage

Votes: 8 3.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gadget

Reaction score
I have been teaching quite a few Nitrox courses this winter and one of the questions i get is:

Do all shops have nitrox? or Where do I get Nitrox?

So I thought I would ask if your LDS has gas or not?

I voted no because my LDS doesn't have it yet....new shop....but one in town does.

Chad

patronising the one that had to send it out to get filled. The LDS I currently use will fill 60 tanks a week at times. For not being cave country, that's a passle of NitrOx.

Our old shop had Nitrox but when business got slow, they quit buying the O2.

Our new favorite, most visited shop just got a new Nitrox set-up. We'll be able to walk in and get a fill anytime.

A couple of the shops I frequent have Nitrox. One other is
installing Nitrox capability shortly. I visited my OW instructors
new shop for the first time today, and his wife was saying they
plan on getting Nitrox capability sometime in the next year or so.
[They also are working on tech instructor certifications, so it'll be
nice to have some options in the area as far as tec classes go as
well!].

-Jeff

I voted that my LDS has Nitrox, to my local dive shop is 1100 miles from here. They us a molecular sive set up with a haskel. The vast majority of fills is now Nitrox, and they service four boats from the dock at the shop, 50 spots between the two big boats, 12 more on the other two. 2 tanks per make 124 per night, after 4PM before the 7AM departure. I think the handle a lot of other traffic but I don't know the volume. The spots are 100% full every weekend and about 70% during the week. I make that to be about 700 a week.

The best part is that since there is never 100% O2 it's relatively safe, or at least safer than PP mixing.

yes: i voted so. My LDS where i received my certification handles Nitrox. Their are quite a few dive shops around but, not all handle nitrox. It seems to be ever increasing though because other LDS don't want to be left out .
I'm very lucky because to get my Nitrox fill's, the shop is no more than a mile away.:wink:

voted no as but my instructor does get it from somewhere when we need it - not easy to get hold of out here if you're doing your own thing. You don't even want to think about trying to get hold of helium.........

I actually go to three LDSs The nearest store does not have Nitrox, the other two do.

They're all within 20 minutes from my home, so depending on what I want, I go to the store that can support my needs.

I voted I don't know. I really don't visit any of the dive shops around here. Most are just too pricey. I shop online at LiesurePro, and they don't ship Nitrox. :wink: The shop that I do buy stuff at is 300+ miles away down in Live Oak Florida. They have Nitrox and Trimix. Although I will not be needing the trimix for a few years.

Back
Top Bottom