Do I need to pay PADI?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Im sending in my latest PADI cert and it requires several previous levels which I never sent in. Can I just include them as "proof" or do I have to pay for each of them? Thanks in advance.

if they are PADI certs, they should be in their database (whatever exact name and initials you used) so they should be able to check....if they were with another agency, you should just be able to make copies of whatever c-cards you have

I never sent them in so they wouldn't be in there data base. Im sending em all in now, together, do I still have to pay for all of them?

I'm guessing that if your old instructors will sign for them it'll be fine....usually you get a temp card valid for a month after the course, then it tells you to submit the application again(i think just needing with the instructors signature)....not entirely sure.....so I'll now leave it to the pro's to answer.....my view is though - you paid for the course/certs...so you should get the credit (although you may need to get the shop to re-sign)

Wildcard:
I never sent them in so they wouldn't be in there data base. Im sending em all in now, together, do I still have to pay for all of them?

The Instructor and DS sends in the information, and then PADI sends out the cards. So they should have a record of your certification history. Am I missing something?

Ron

I have my PICs from the previous classes and never sent them in. Was the DS supposed to send them in? Im looking and I don't see any sort of fee on the envelope? I am assuming that this was paid by the shop as part of the class? I guess I'll just send teh whole mess in and see what happens.

PADI requires a few things that I'm aware of.

Medical form
Test results (So far I've done OW only)
Photo
Signoff from the instructor
Personal information - Name, address, zodiac sign (I'm a Cancer!!) OK kidding...
Fees

There may be more as I'm just a student, but that was what appeared to be in the package that the Instructor submitted.

IMO talk to your dive shop. I'm not clear the possibilities on how this CAN work, but I've certainly talked to a LOT of students over the past few months from a few different LDS's, and NONE of them were submitting their own paperwork.

Once my Paperwork was submitted, I got a notice from PADI saying my Cert would be received within 8 weeks. I think I had it in four.

Good luck with this, and maybe an instructor can give you some better feedback on PADI certification submission options...

Ron

Wildcard:
I have my PICs from the previous classes and never sent them in. Was the DS supposed to send them in? Im looking and I don't see any sort of fee on the envelope? I am assuming that this was paid by the shop as part of the class? I guess I'll just send teh whole mess in and see what happens.

If you have PICS they are prepaid - no further money need be exchanged. You must send them in if they are pre-reqs for your present level. You don't mention what level you are going for or what pre-reqs you are holding so its hard to advise you on what to do.

Another factor is the time that has elapsed since you did the class and now.

Why would you take time and expense to do a class and not drop postage to send in the certification??

Wildcard:

Wildcard:
Im sending in my latest PADI cert and it requires several previous levels which I never sent in. Can I just include them as "proof" or do I have to pay for each of them? Thanks in advance.

I'm a little confused...how could you do continued training without having the pre-req courses? That's slack on the dive centre's part - a copy of all pre-req certs should have been put in your student record file when you signed up for the course. You shouldn't have been able to sign up without producing them in the first place!

Your PADI PIC (Personal Identification Card) is prepaid. If it has been filled out by the instructor, signed by both you and the instructor, then send them in.

I'm trying to understand why you would not send them in the moment you slipped a picture of yourself inside?

Your hanging on to them.....because......??????????

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom