Tropical Depression

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saipanman

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Typhoon just passed through. Water churned up, and it's cold and bleak out. And, to top it off, the volcano a few islands up is erupting, spewing sulfur and ash.

So, to recap: Life in the tropics currently feels like Wisconsin in late May and smells like Gary, Indiana.

LOL....Oh well, when its over you will have your nice warm tropics back again. Unless of course the smell decides on sticking around.... :11:

I know what you mean...the Atlantic Ocean is starting to look more and more like Lake Okeechobee over in this part of the world, especially after all the hurricanes ridges of high pressure that cause 7' swells at the shore!

And all this time I thought a tropical depression was being hung-over in Cozumel and not being able to dive....live and learn

Saipanman:
Typhoon just passed through. Water churned up, and it's cold and bleak out. And, to top it off, the volcano a few islands up is erupting, spewing sulfur and ash.

So, to recap: Life in the tropics currently feels like Wisconsin in late May and smells like Gary, Indiana.

So, basically what you're saying is that conditions are still much more favorable than they are here in Upstate NY. :eyebrow:

Sunday's dive was 38 degrees....refreshing to say the least. :11:

Point taken.

Sunny and warm today, water appears to be calming. Probably gonna do a night dive.

Saipanman:
Point taken.

Sunny and warm today, water appears to be calming. Probably gonna do a night dive.

I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, I just wanted to show that the grass is always greener on the other side. :wink:

Have fun with your night dive. We have to look for a new dive spot soon, our lake will be freezing over soon. A trip to a tropical locale sounds so inviting right now....:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom