Rock Bottom Spreadsheet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JasonH20

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I put this together yesterday afternoon to compute "Rock Bottom" for various different tanks.

The methodology for the spreadsheet was based on a post I found by Roakey, which you can view here Computing Rock Bottom.

You can download the spreadsheet at Rock Bottom Excel Spreadsheet

Basically you can change any of the values in the yellow cells to modify the results to your liking. If you don't want it to compute the deep stop, just enter 0 for it's duration. Other than that, hopefully it's fairly self explanatory.

Disclaimer: This was just for fun. I don't know if my formulas are correct. I don't know if my assumptions are correct. Please confirm the numbers for yourself before even thinking of using in a real dive.

Thanks,
Jason

This is neat. Lots of numbers. Pretty colors. Seems overly conservative to me, but that's probably cause of the PSI padding.

Dryglove:
What program do i need to download other than the file provided above to view this? Yes i am pc illiterate :D
You need to have Microsoft Excel installed to view the spreadsheet.

Click the link, choose "Save" from the pop up box, and save it to your desktop or "my documents" (your preference). Then just double click the spreadsheet and it should open up if you have Excel installed.

JasonH20:
You need to have Microsoft Excel installed to view the spreadsheet.

Click the link, choose "Save" from the pop up box, and save it to your desktop or "my documents" (your preference). Then just double click the spreadsheet and it should open up if you have Excel installed.

It states "windows can not open this program" so i must not have excel downloaded. Any idea where i can download it?

Dryglove:
It states "windows can not open this program" so i must not have excel downloaded. Any idea where i can download it?

Excel is part of the Microsoft Office Suite, and, as such, isn't available for free download from any legitimate source.

If you don't have Microsoft Office, you can download a free/low-cost Excel file-viewer from any number of sites (try this one if you can't be bothered to Google for one) and read it that way.

So by this table, if I do a dive to 100', I'm heading up at 2000#?

Umm, wow.

ok, this has sparked my interest! Now let me see if I have this right. rock bottom is the reserve gas to bring both divers up from max depth? Now can you use "some of this gas for your own ascent"? and what happens if your buddy gets negative and has an "event" after the beginning of the ascent? My guess is that YOU can't go get them. any help?

oh well, can't plan for everything, sure would be nice to have a pony!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom