Water Temps?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NauticalbutNice

Contributor
Reaction score
So I haven't been on much cos I've been diving way more than I should! Oops...

But we were out yesterday and got talking about water temperature with some really new divers who had only dived in the Red Sea. They were shocked by the temp.

So how's the water where you are? We've got 5.8 degrees c (42.44 f) so it's not too bad.

Please post in celsius and farenheit if possible!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

6 degrees not too bad? Thats absolutely insane! :11:

28 or 29 here (80-83) and i still wear a 7mm full suit...
Just call me a wuss (and proud to be) :eyebrow:

1C (33F) around here right now. But its warming up so getting the frozen drysuit zipr open isn't such a big deal anymore.

Mike Veitch:

Holy cow! A full 7mm?

I dove in South Florida about a month ago and water was 72F. I wore a full 3mm.

62F Florida gulf coast 3 weeks ago, drysuit.

I'm not into metric conversions

24c 75.2F water temp in 3mm full wetsuit and I am freezing! Really.

Funny how everyone else on the boat (italians, norwegians and a russian) tells me warm water diving rocks and they are all in shorties.

It was 69 degrees F at Vortex Springs in Florida last weekend. I was in the water all day with students and I had on my drysuit. Every one complained that I was cold natured.

Will be headed to Cozumel in two week and it will be about 82-84 F. I always dive with a full 3 mil and a hood. On hour plus dives I get cold.

Jim

It's currently 33 degre F (1 degree C) here one you get below the ice and a dry suit is the order of the day.

By late August the surface temps down to about 30 ft will be up to 75 degrees. A 3mm shorty is adequate for me unless I dip below the first thermocline. Bottom temps at 150 ft still hover around 40 degrees however so a 7mm or drysuit is needed for deep diving.

Mike Veitch:
6 degrees not too bad? Thats absolutely insane! :11:

Hee hee it's been colder. Diving in Scotland is (according to those in the know - I've only dived here) one of the more challenging dive environments. Cold water, drysuits all year round, best vis I've ever had was 6m (19ft) and that was really unusual, it's normally about 2-3m, sometimes less (where's my hand...oh there it is), currents and surge common where I normally dive....the list goes on. But I still love it! :07:

But if you're used to warm water, then that's cool (or warm :wink: ) too!

Maybe one day I'll venture elsewhere on dive trips and experience some nice clear warm water!

Nauticalbutnice :fruit:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom