Dive log Software?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Buoyant1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Does anyone know of shareware or Freeware programs for a (personal) computer dive log? I have the Aeris program that came with my (dive) computer (and didn't get the download cable yet) but it's not excactly what I wanted, plus my (personal) computer doesn't really like the program!

I'm looking for something that I can put more detail into, add photos, and links that will be more of a personal dive diary, than just my dive log.

Anyone?

Buoyant1:
Does anyone know of shareware or Freeware programs for a (personal) computer dive log? I have the Aeris program that came with my (dive) computer (and didn't get the download cable yet) but it's not excactly what I wanted, plus my (personal) computer doesn't really like the program!

I'm looking for something that I can put more detail into, add photos, and links that will be more of a personal dive diary, than just my dive log.

Anyone?
If your definition of "shareware" goes up to $50, look at Scubase.
http://www.scubase.net/
It imports dive info from the Aeris software, or you key it in manually (since you don't have the download cable).

Buoyant1,

Get the download to your computer.
Even though I've never been a fan of Pelagic Systems computers, having the exact data a computer can provide is the only way to go.
I use Uwatec computers, and they won't allow what you want either, but it's still a huge advantage.

Chad

no photos.. no links.. (unless it's available in the latest release) but suunto has the "Dive Manager" program free for downloading.

It's an eventual thing, not high on the list of "needs and wants". After spending $300+ on a computer I didn't want to spend another $100. for a cable that imports info that I can transfer myself (at the moment, I would rather put the cash to a 7mm wetsuit so I can dive more at home! hahaha!)

Although you'd think that the manufacturers would just include the cable!

Anyway, to everyone else, thanks for the info/links SO far!

Chad Carney:
Buoyant1,

Get the download to your computer.
Even though I've never been a fan of Pelagic Systems computers, having the exact data a computer can provide is the only way to go.
I use Uwatec computers, and they won't allow what you want either, but it's still a huge advantage.

Chad

I have the Atmos2 and I agree that the software sucks. I purchased Scubase and it's worked well so far. If you want to spend the money, get it. I think you can get the cable for less at scubatoys.com (I ordered with my computer).

I have this program and love it. I am not sure if it will download off your dive computer but they have a list of Dive Computers that it will. Also, It sounds like it has everything that you want. The price is not bad at all and you can download a trial version that will do ten dives then you can decide if you want to purchase it. Hope this helps you out. GO TO THIS SITE : http://www.dreamdives.org/en/index.htm

:eyebrow:

Buoyant1:
It's an eventual thing, not high on the list of "needs and wants". After spending $300+ on a computer I didn't want to spend another $100. for a cable that imports info that I can transfer myself (at the moment, I would rather put the cash to a 7mm wetsuit so I can dive more at home! hahaha!)

Although you'd think that the manufacturers would just include the cable!

Anyway, to everyone else, thanks for the info/links SO far!

Yeah I'm a new diver, but this is a racket, it's like buying a Palm Pilot/Pocket PC, etc and not getting a cradle/usb cable included! Sounds like colusion on the part of the manufacturers to me.

I just downloaded a trial of the software (SharkPoint) but could not import my Aeris dive data (downloded from the computer), thus I removed it. Scubase seems to work well with the Atmos2.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom