Dive in Baja or in the carribean? which is better?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Austin

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, I have the great opportunity to do another summer camp this year, with both of them offering Rescue and Master certifications. The carribean liveaboard will primarily be around St. Barts, St. Martin, Saba, Nevis, etc. I can't decide which to go on, thought somebody might have some insight as to the diving in both locations. thanks,
Austin

Baja ain't no Carribean type diving by a far shot. In Baja you might get lucky and see some Hammerheads, BIG Mantas, or a Whale shark. But not the flora and tropical fishes of the Carribean.

That's what I hear. That diving in the carribean is consistently "good" in some areas(good being a very undefined term :) ) while in Baja the diving might be "great" where you see 200 hammerheads, swim with three whalesharks, etc. or it might be "so-so," I don't know if its worth it to go all the way to Baja and hope to get lucky. It seems parts of the carribean can actually be quite good.

For me Baja diving is just practical. No more then $350 r/t for me. I'll be there this fall.

Exactly, for you lucky California divers :wink:

Yeah, I do get very cold very quickly and very easily! Another question: how does the Leeward Islands in the Carribean compare to the Grendines (sp?)

I've never seen a Hammer in the Carribean, but then again I;ve never been to Coco Island in the Bahamas. I love the Caribbean, but then again, it's where Igo most frequently b/c I live on this side of the country.

The problem is I really want to see hammerheads! How does Saba and that area compare to Grenada?

Back
Top Bottom