Yahoo!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fishlips_1

Reaction score
Well,
It's been awhile, (Computer crash) But last month, in Cultis lake, Central Oregon high lake. I was certified OWD. We had a class of 6 and 5 made full cert. 1 made scuba cert., although I was close to being the only one too fulfill the quest. The rest of the class had plans for trips to tropical destinations, I was just looking to get my c-card so I could dive local and abroad. It was no picnic,the weekend weather was nice but chilly (maybe 50) it wasn't raining. at Cultis lake the altitude was 4500' +/- and there was still snow on the ground. The water temp was 40@20'. (DAMN COLD) I am a general contractor and am used to the cold. My counter parts were not so lucky, ( I guess I should let you know the class consisted of 3 women 64,41,20 and 3 men myself 39,34,26) As you probably guessed from that, which one only got her scuba cert. She did it in two days (1 dive a day). The rest of us buckled down and did it. When we got in from dive one, we dumped hot water down our boots,gloves and suits. Had hot cider and soup for lunch. The girls were pretty much done at that time, but with some coaxing, got the girls back in the game. (I'm a very outgoing energetic guy) We went in for dive two and had some issues with cold fingers and other body parts. Myself and one of the other guys thought we would let the girls buddy up and get out sooner, BIG mistake, The girls took leads from us and when they were together there was no one to lead. Two lost puppies on a corner. All in all our instructor got them through it and on we went. Day two, Got there and set up my elk camp wood stove. The girls at that time were thinking referral dives in Costa rica. I was like there is no way in ___ I was gonna let that happen. We had something to let everyone know, WE WERE CERTIFIED IN 40 DEGREE WATER!!!!! Well, it worked, in they went. After dive 4 the girls went back with our instructor and we went to 50' with the dive masters. Not sure of the actuall temp but at 40' or so the thermocline was way cold I'd have too say at least a degree or two. Well long story shotened. After we had a couple of taughties and partied down. I would just like to say, " if you are in Central Oregon and want too be certified, get ahold of codiving.com Walt was AWSOME.
Let me hear some of your certification stories.
Now I'm actually one of you!!! :11:

Open Water Diver. Next weekend they are having a sale where I took my cert. I'll be buying a diving concepts dry suit and aqua lung titan lx setup with a black diamond bcd. Can't wait!!!!
Lips

Ahhhh, I just sold my Titan LX, good reg you'll love it.

Already have aowd book and am looking forward to advancing my diving skills. Altitude,search and recovery,nav,wreck,buoyancy,deep,night and dry suit.

Darn -- the 20 year old only went for the scuba cert? Wimpy kids! :)

Sorry, I guess I should not have left anything too chance. It was the 64year old, she opted for some referral papers and would finish her cert in Costa rica.

Back
Top Bottom