Utila Dive Center vs. Pro Dive (Ft. Lauderdale)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kabluton

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have narrowed my choice for training down to these 2 facilities. I want to get Divemaster first and then will probably go on to Instructor. After the training I hope to work in the dive industry full time at a resort somewhere warm. Can anyone that has experience with these facilities or their graduates tell me if one is better than the other? It seems on the surface, UDC is somewhat cheaper and also in a really nice tropical location. Does UDC have a good job placement service? Thanks.

kabluton:
I have narrowed my choice for training down to these 2 facilities. I want to get Divemaster first and then will probably go on to Instructor. After the training I hope to work in the dive industry full time at a resort somewhere warm. Can anyone that has experience with these facilities or their graduates tell me if one is better than the other? It seems on the surface, UDC is somewhat cheaper and also in a really nice tropical location. Does UDC have a good job placement service? Thanks.

Maybe this should be moved to the Instructor Panel. Not getting any responses.

kabluton:

There are a lot of threads in this forum. You'll get some responses. :thumb:

To be honest, it's not really appropriate for the Instructor's Panel area.

Bonne chance,

kabluton:
It's a holiday weekend, and since you posted - many divers have been packing for weekends trips they are on now. Give it a few days, as they have to wash their kits Tuesday, etc.

I wish I could contribute to the answer, but I hope this helps. In fact, I'd suggest you not post on this thread again until Wednesday. :wink:

uberspeed:
I'd be interested in hearing the responses as well. I'm looking for a good shop in FTL to continue my learning.
Free bump. ;-)

To paraphrase the late great Robert Heinlein, "TANSTAAFB"! (There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Bump)

Bumping threads is a no-no! :no

Just a note from one of your friendly neighbourhood Moderators. :wink:

uberspeed:
I'm also a Mod on various other websites.
If you read my post, it clearly states that I'm interested in the responses to this thread. My posting merely also acted as a bump to his thread as a by-product.
That's fine, sir. Since I had quoted kabluton, I thought it obvious that my statements were directed at him. I am very sorry if you thought I was taking any issue with your post, as I certainly was not. It was certainly fine.

But if you're address SubMariner's post, I think maybe she was referencing that bumps are a violation of the TOS here. I think that's what was intended there.

kabluton:
Kabluton -

While I cannot speak for Pro Dive, I can tell you that Utila is a great place to do your professional level training. There are 3 PADI facilities doing Instructor level courses and all are very high quality. If you pick Utila, you won't be disappointed.

Good Luck with your dive career!

Back
Top Bottom