Reef House Resort, Roatan, Honduras (shore diving)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

leelee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have never spoken on here before, but now feel like I ought to cause I have a fabulous place to tell you about.
My topic of babble today is shore diving. RHR offers unlimited shore diving and it is INCREDIBLE. you hop off the dock and do a 2 second surface swim until you get to beautiful coral heads and sand sweeps that lead you to the wall, the start of the wall is about a 1 minute swim, or if you doddle like I do , a 1 and 1/2 minute swim. The wall starts at 40ft and you get to choose west or east cause they are both magnificant. The wall is very sheer and deep so no need to concern yourself with sloping bottoms. It is huge misinformation to think that there is mud or slides around the area cause RHR is located on a Cay. OH, yeah, and another thing i noticed is that the wall is never covered in silt from currents or tides.
humm what else, well with good there is bad as well. , it is difficult to enter with large camera units cause of the shallow entrance and exits and you need to be comfortable with surge and surf if you plan to dive on rough days. Trust me it is worth it.
Thanks for letting me say my piece . it was fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom