Dolphins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

allistoy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Does anyone have any experience with the dolphin encounter on Roatan? We would appreciate any info. you may have available from personal experiences. We are going there at the end of March.

Not personal experience, but from several sources I've heard the "snorkel with" is more satisfying than the "dive with" (and cheaper, too).

allistoy,
my family and i stayed at anthony's key resort.
there is a doliphin research center on the property.
they have several options where you can be with the dolphins.
regards,

We did both the dive and the snorkel at AKR. The dive you knell on the bottom as they swim around you and the group doing a few tricks. It was worth it to see how perfect they are in their element. The snorkel is fun because you get to play with them more. When we went there were a couple of babies that just loved to interact with you.

If you can do both.

We did the Dolphin Dive at Anthony's Key Resort this past September and loved it. We opted for the dive. We had plenty of play time with "Esteban" and it was really neat to see him swim around us, you can also hear his clicks and whistles and such as he approached the group.

It was a great experience and I would do it again if we go back to Roatan someday. It is good to hear from others that the snorkel was good too. I will have to do that as well.

Make sure you buy the Video or DVD they offer, you won't reget spending the money on it.

Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom