Roatan - we want diving and a lot of relaxing fun too - help us!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

baconnic

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Based on what I have read it seems a lot of you have been to Roatan. We’re going from September 2nd to September 9th of 2006. We’re trying to figure out where to stay.

We love to dive, but we work like crazy during the year and when we go on vacation we want, more than anything, an awesome bed with the sounds of the ocean and we love to SLEEP SLEEP SLEEP.

We’ve only been diving for a year. We’re open water certified and we’ve logged about 20 dives each. We want to dive in Roatan, but we’ll dive at most 10 times. We would like to dive 4 or 5 days and relax and explore Roatan the rest of the time.

Bottom line, we’re not looking for the best dive resort, we’re looking for the best place to relax, see Roatan, and dive. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Nicole

I just came back from Fantasy Island Beach Resort.

I'd say it's a good place to stay if you are not expecting too much and by the sounds of it you are not. Not much night life here so you can catch up on your sleep, dives were at 9, 11 & 2 so you can choose what you want and still have time to sleep. The beach was nice and sandy and it was never crowded, they had lots of chairs WITH cushions so there wasn't any chair hogging going on.

The food was OK, nothing too fancy but we never went hungry. Apparently the Friday night seafood dinner was very good. We didn't have it, I like my seafood left in the sea.

If you go I'd suggest you request a room on the second floor or ask when you get there. We had room 117 at first but it was kind of smelly and the balcony door was hard to open so we asked to be moved to the second floor and further down, we got room 222 and it was great. They must be slowly renovating the place because this room actually smelled nice, it had new doors everywhere, fresh paint, marble bathroom and there were no trees to block the sunrise from the balcony in the morning.

welcome to scuba board

Welcome Nicole. I've not been to Roatan, but I know others here will be able to provide you some advice.

Howdy and welcome to SB!

Maybe we'll be on the same flight. I'll wear the same hat so you can watch for or avoid me. :D

That is the one week I would not suggest Fantasy Island. That's where I'm headed, but it's for the Singles Week. Could be a little noisier than you'd like?

Good to have you here. Click here to PM me if I can help you get started in our various forums.

:cowboy2: don

smiley-linie-009.gif

Moved from Introductions & Greets forum.

Back
Top Bottom