water temp - Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
anyone know the current water temps for Roatan? I will be there Jan 20 - Jan 27 and wondering if I should pack my 1 mm full suit or my heavy duty winter 3mm full suit. I hope to get between 20-25 dives in but expect to get more like 18-20.

January water temp for Roatan is usually in the high 70's to 80 degrees. If your used to really warm water like I am, bring the 3mm to be comfortable.

TOM

REII:
January water temp for Roatan is usually in the high 70's to 80 degrees. If your used to really warm water like I am, bring the 3mm to be comfortable.

TOM
thank you. If it is 78-80 I would be fine with a 1 mm early in the week but wish I had more at the end so I will take your advice and pack the 3 mm.

Warren_L:
Some of my buddies got back from Roatan this past weekend. Water temps were 82F.
Oh Baby! Now you're talking. 2 or 3 degrees can make a big difference. I am still taking the 3 but will throw in the 1 too. I am so excited about this trip I packed three times already.

Man, I must really be a wimp:11: . My wife and I go their during June and the water temp. is 84 degrees and I wear a 5/7mm:confused: . We go for two weeks and get in about 45 dives.

I wish I could do it in a 3mm :)

Carribeandiver:
my heavy duty winter 3mm full suit.
That is hilarious, what i am used to is when winter comes my drysuit stays on from the summer and we start busting out the argon bottles and the dry gloves...

dmmike:
Man, I must really be a wimp:11: . My wife and I go their during June and the water temp. is 84 degrees and I wear a 5/7mm:confused: . We go for two weeks and get in about 45 dives.

I wish I could do it in a 3mm :)

Everyone has different tolerances. I was in Roatan this time last year and water temps were in the 81-82F range. Did 23 dives in a week in a 3mm.

Back
Top Bottom