Apartments in west end

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba.Steve

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone know what the housing situation is like in the west end? Are there many apartments and how much do they go for about?

Also, does anyone have a suggestion for a good, environmentally friendly sun block that wouldn't need to be washed off before every dive?

Thanks!

Hi there Steve
In regards to apartments, the best thing is come down and find one. They range from $200 up to $600 a month. There are many more single bedroom places than doubles and most are just off West End's main road. Just scout around when you get here.

In regards to eco-friendly suncream, at the marine park office situated on Half Moon Bay in the West End, we sell both SPF15 and 30. They are water resistant, non-allergic, eco-friendly and biodegradable, and contain no harsh chemicals.

Good luck and enjoy your stay

Roatan Marine Park,

My wife and I will be searching for an apartment in West End later this year.... some questions, if you would humor me:

1. I've heard from friends down there that you can find apartments in the price range you've listed. What size apartment is this (500sq ft? 800 sq ft? 200 sq ft?)?

2. Are the apartments generally furnished?

3. What should one reasonably expect to pay for a 2 bedroom unit with a view of the water (not on the water) in West End? Preferably furnished, hot water, A/C, and high speed internet available. Ideal configuration would include a small kitchen, refrigerator, table and chairs to seat 4, and something comfortable to sit / lay on when reading a book. Balcony / deck / patio would be ideal. TV is totally optional and preferably not available. Rental period would be 6+ months....

I know #3 above is a tall order, but if you have any idea what such an appt would cost it would be of immeasurable help to me. Thanks for any insight you can offer, and for all that you're doing with the Marine Park to begin with!

Thanks for the suggestions, Roatan Marine Park.

It looks like we are in the market for the same thing Undefined!

Steve,

Let us know what you find - you're getting about a 5 - 6 month head start on us!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom