airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wizmo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi folks, would like to go to roatan in oct. leaving from ny or newark, where can i find a flight without the killer layovers,
a little is okay, i gave up on nonstops to SAP. also is there a ferry to roatan from the mainland. is oct. the rainy season. any help would be great.

thanks

wiz

wizmo,
Continental would be the best for you. Flights from Newark (EWR) to Houston (IAH), then direct to Roatan (RTB)........log onto continental.com and type in the above airport codes for Newark to Roatan - in ocober they fly every saturday only at the moment from Houston to Roatan.........saves you flying to mainland Honduras then getting the ferry(horrible journey I'm told), and you fly with an american airline, which probably means you'll get your luggage at the end of the flight!

i.e DATE: dep:EWR arr:IAH dep:IAH arr:RTB

sat11oct 05:30 08:06 10;30 12:12
" " 07:45 10:24 13:00 14:42

You get the idea, so stopovers are around 2-3 hours which is pretty good....I flew from Scotland all the way to Roatan and the service was excellent, and if i ever head back over that way, I'd always go Continental due to direct flights from the US. (Delta does direct flights from Atlanta to Roatan, so you'd need to get there first).

Enjoy the diving in Roatan........pop into Coconut Tree Divers and say hello.....tell them chip butty diver said hello !!!!!!

also, see Will's (PADI course director at Coconut tree divers) very informative website on the Bay Islands - bayislandsdiver.com

Hope this helps,

David

Frogfish73 is right on....Newark is a Continential hub as is Houston so that should be your best bet. We fly from Houston(IAH) to roatan (RTB) on a regular basis and the service is very dependable.

Back
Top Bottom