Pictures - CoCoView - Roatan, Honduras May 9th - May 16th 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Knuspar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Respot of what i posted on CCV Wall:

Just finished sorting / uploading pictures from our first CCV trip may 9th through May 16th.

The Danes ( Thomas, Thomas and Henrik) had a blast there, and CCV is now our #1 AllTime favorite place. Only question about us returning from cold Europe to CCV will be .. when =)

Anyways, here are the pictures CoCoView Resort - Roatan Island - Honduras , it covers from when we left Copenhagen airport till we return, so theres a few pictures that aren't shot on Roatan =)

I also got a few nice videos of a eagle ray in the front yard, that i will upload later, and then i will update this thread =)

I will also post a regular trip report once i get one written, though to sum it up : The Diving and the resort was nothing short of AMAZING!

Regards

Thomas Mortensen

Loved the Jellyfish!

I love that jellyfish shot as well =) So thx =)

Pretty sure its a Remora. Normally they would be underneath bigger pelagics like whalesharks and stuff like that.

This one seemed a bit lost and came by our dive boat ~12 minutes east of CCV. First it swam around Mark who was getting up on the ladder in the back, and then it sucked onto the boat underneath .. it came by me as I was getting up in the moonwell .. hence the shot without proper white balance =) It was pretty big though .. id say at least 3, perhaps 4 feet.

yup, that's a remora! We saw waaaaay too many of them in the Bahamas under the Nekton at certain sites. They chased everyone trying to hook on. It was funny at first but then got very annoying!!!

Nice pictures, and glad you guys discovered CoCoView. :D I feel the same way, CCV is amazing on so many levels - diving, service, resort, all get an A+ from me.

robin:D

I was there the week before. We had a juv. one doing the same thing, but that guy is a biggie. In Florida we always wonder where their buddy (host) is when they are free swimming. Shark or turtle?

.. hence the shot without proper white balance =) It was pretty big though .. id say at least 3, perhaps 4 feet.

The color is what threw me, but wow- never seen one that big! He must have lost a really big friend!

Thanks for posting your photos. It looks like everyone is in full wet suits or shorties with hoods. What was the water temperature? I'm headed to Roatan in about 3 weeks (mid-June) and now I'm worried that my 3mm shortie will not be warm enough.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom