Welcome to ScubaBoard, an online scuba diving forum community where you can join over 205,000 divers diving from around the world. If the topic is related to scuba diving, this is the place to find divers talking about it. To gain full access to ScubaBoard (and make this large box go away) you must register for a free account. As a registered member you will be able to:

• Participate in over 500 dive topic forums and browse from over 5,500,000 posts.
  • Communicate privately with other divers from around the world.
  • Post your own photos or view from well over 100,000 user submitted images.
  • Gain access to our free classifieds marketplace to buy, sell and trade gear, travel and services.
  • Use the calendar to organize your events and enroll in other members' events.
  • Find a dive buddy or communicate directly with scuba equipment manufacturers.

All this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account, so sign up today!

NEW for 2014 Access SBlogbook for members. It allows you to directly upload data from your dive computer, validate your logs digitally, link your dives to photos, videos, dive centers (9,000 on file), fishes (14,000 on file) and much more.

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact the ScubaBoard Support Team.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Coco View A+

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199

Coco View A+

My wife and I spent out first week at Coco View Jan 29th through Feb 5th. Mitch and his entire staff made our stay top notch. We were on the Coco IV with the most amazing group of people I ever expect to share a dive boat with again. Add D/M Kirk and Captain Dave to that and this will be a difficult trip to top. The seas were high at times and the vis was bad at times during the week, but we made it to all the must do sites and saw all the must see creatures. The boats went out for every scheduled dive even on a day when the cruise ship wasn't allowed to dock in Coxen.

The food was very good and always in abundance. There were a couple dishes I didn't care for, but the butter poached snapper and shrimp bisque were two of the best things I have ever eaten. There was always a great salad bar with a wonderful variety of dressings. Omelets to order every morning, snd the pancakes were the best I've had. We went to Hole in the Wall as a boat the last day so we ate Steak and Lobster for lunch and dinner on Friday, how many times is that going to happen?

Our cabana was great and we were greated by a large Eagle Ray swimming under our deck the first afternoon. The bed was the most comfortable I've slept on south of the border. It wasn't very hot, but on the warmer days the AC stayed on top it with no problem.

The dive operation was great. I can't imagine getting worn out on the drop off/shore dives. We did a 4:30 am shore dive that was just fabulous. Cocoview wall has amazing topography and Newmans supports great sea life. We saw the resident monster moray out and about several times, once with his buddy the grouper on the wall. I think the Spade fish at Minger Rheas were my favorite. They surely like getting close and personal with divers. I can't count the number of times I laughed out loud through my reg during the trip.

I can't stress enough how relaxing the level of security is at Coco View. We didn't use our room key all week and didn't have to think twice about leaving anything lying around either in our room or our lockers. I would leave my G-10 and Ikelite case on the boat between dives and never give it a second thought.

We brought some items to donate to the local school and left a bunch of stuff for our housekeeper. I highly encourage others to do the same. I thought I had seen poverty in Mexico, I was wrong. There are certainly tons of people stuggling to obtain basic human needs on this island.

I desperatley need to build my photo skills and add a strobe to my camera, but here a few pics that turned out OK.

PS our D/M killed tons of lionfish and it was great to watch the yellowtails and groupers devour them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered

Needs underwater therapy!

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Thanks for posting! We feel the same way about CCV. Top notched resort and dive shop, most relaxing dive trip we have ever done.

robin
    my trip reports and photos: www.rnrscuba.net
    my videos: http://www.vimeo.com/user466791/albums
    next trip: ????

Registered

Growin' Older but Not Up

Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
    Dives
    I'm a Fish!
    great report.....you said it all......my favorite place to stay as well.....I do some of my best sleeping in those beds
    Ann CoCo View June 20 - 27 2015
    http://www.roatanchildrensfund.com/
    I've got a Caribbean soul I can barely control and some Texas hidden here in my heart. JB

Frequent Poster

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    It always hurts to leave that place. Glad you had a great trip.

Registered

The name DeputyDan comes from
    a cartoon character

Dives
    200 - 499
    Photos
    If you are looking for a "dive vacation" as opposed to a vacation where you do a few dives - COCO View is mighty hard to beat.

Next trip this May 2011.

As a side note - my daughter requested that for our 2011 dive trip we return to Coco View. The request didn't hurt my feelings one bit!

Scuba Instructor

Acknowledges your status.

Dives
    2,500 - 4,999
    Photos
    Nice report and pics. We will be at CCV in October.
    Join us for 7 nights at CoCo View Resort, Roatan, April 25, 2015
    utahscubadiver.com
    Utah's resource for local diving
    Everyone loves to fly, and flying underwater is even better than flying in air because there are things around you. ~ Graham Hawkes

Registered

Is dreaming wet

Dives
    500 - 999
    Photos
    Thanks for the great report and welcome to the wonderful world of diving and the wonderful world of hospatility that Roatan and CoCo View has to offer..........come back soon!!

Scuba Instructor

is teaching.

Dives
    100 - 199
    Great report, thanks for posting! And nice pics too!

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    200 - 499
    How did you combat the bugs; DEET of did something else prove more effective?
    Thanks

Registered

Has not set a "status"

Dives
    100 - 199
    We used a product with picardin. My wife didn't get bit at all, I got several bites, but I didn't wear it several days. I only got noseeum bites no mosquitos. We have noseeums and tons of mosquitos at home so it wasn't really an inconvienence, One woman in our group had a reaction to them and it looked pretty miserable. I would use the picardin product again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast