Infinity Bay Roatan Dive Op?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Planning a trip to Roatan in about 6 weeks and I am renting condo at Infinity Bay. Does the resort have their own dive op or do they job it out to a nearby operation? If they do use a different company, who is it?

Any recommendations close by would be helpful.

Also, this is my first trip to Roatan (I usually go to Belize). Bringing most of my own gear and also wondering if the dive ops will keep your gear while there (securely...)? or will I have to carry back and forth each day? Is it a good idea to let them hold onto it?

I don't know about Infinity Bay, so can't help you there. The only dive shop I've used is Bananarama which is a short walk down the beach. I stored my gear overnight during my trips and had no issues. They take everything inside the dive shop when they lock up for the night and have it out there in the morning.

My first trip down there there were people not staying at Bananarama but diving with them any way, mixed results on storing the gear. Some chose to store it there and some chose to carry theirs back and forth each day.

They have a dive op they do business with called Tgidiving. Here is the website

DESTINATION - TGI Diving int

Good op with a great staff allot of fun!

Thanks for info. Does anyone know if TGI is actually based at the resort or do they just have office there etc?

Hi timster753! Congrats on choosing Roatan, I think you will love it! Infinity Bay does not have a dive operation on-site. Last I heard Ocean Connections was operating their dive packages but I am not sure if that is still true. You could check with the resort or the Ocean Connections website. They have locations in West Bay and West End and the owner, Trevor, runs a great operation.

Next down the beach you will come across Bananarama which another poster has recommended. I have heard only good things about this dive operation and if you look on TripAdvisor the dive shop is well reviewed. They have had consistent ownership as well and run a great operation.

Next you will come across Mayan Divers at the Mayan Princess Resort. My disclaimer is that Mayan Princess is owned by the same person as Turquoise Bay Resort where I work for Subway Watersports. We have no affiliation with them but we are close friend so my bias will show here..they are an amazing small dive operation that will take great care of you.

Next you will come across TGI at Henry Morgan Resort. Also very professional and knowledgeable but quite far from Infinity.

West Bay has great dive operations so the best thing to do is contact them and see about pricing and availability. Depending on when you come some of the smaller dive ops may be sold out so it is best to book in advance at any of them.

Rich - to be fair you should reveal that you are the booking agent for Henry Morgan and that is why you are recommending them. You are right, they are a good dive op but they are not close to Infinity and you are not doing service to the other great dive ops that are much closer.

We maybe the booking agents for Henry Morgan but have no direct affiliation with TGI so I personally don't think should require any disclosure. Also note that Rick (The General Manager) at Infinity Bay does have a contract with TGI Divers that is why I mentioned them as the original poster asked who they do business with.

Rich

So does TGI pick up divers at Infinity Bay or is it necessary to transport somewhere else?

TGI pick divers up at the Infinity Dock, as will some other operators on the beach. Infinity is a 5-6 minuite walk along the beach to the farthest dive center on West Bay, leave your gear at the dive center and enjoy the morning walk:)

Here is a link to TGI's website - TGI Diving int It has a location listed as Infinity Bay Roatan as well as Henry Morgan Roatan. So I would assume that TGI is in fact the dive op for Infinity bay....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom