Anything new in Utila in the last couple years?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Robertcrockett

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So it's been a couple years....anything added to Utila lately? Any shouldn't miss new restaurants? Anything that has went down hill? Looking forward to two months on the rock come June 1.

well coco loco closed but is now open again. tranquilla serves food now and its really good. skidrow has become the favorite drinking establishment of the expats and now serves really great food. bar in the bush is closed so no more nitrus balloon nights. rehab is the new bar but stick to beer, the liquor tastes watered down. treetanic is still popular late at night.
the biggest change is that most dive shops now offer not only accommodation but also food and a bar, they're all trying to squeeze as much revenue as possible out of every student.
people come and go but many faces will be the same, enjoy.

I was always fond of the eat/drink at the Dive Center. Hanging out with the people you dive with all day...kinda like a vacation version of "support the LDS"

I was also fond of Skid Row's last time I was there...lol except for the peanut butter shots. Where is rehab located?

sandy bay on the water side of the street, about half way between worsc and skidrow. the food at skidrow has gotten very good

Awesome....can't wait to give rehab a try and revisit Skid Row...I keep hearing again and again how great the food has gotten!

huge portions and cheap. great tshirts too, "skidrow, just dirty enough"

Back
Top Bottom