Capt Vern Killed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Very sad indeed.

Wow, Im in shock. Extremely sad. It really pisses me off that there is such ignorant people (murderers, people that want to steal, drug dealers, etc). It is a common problem in all of latin america. Lack of education results in little value on human life. I have traveled many times with Vern, and he was a nice guy (albeit a bit nuts, but in a good way), trying to do his thing. And what were this two idiots expecting? Really. You have to be an ignorant bastard to think you will get away with something like this, and that pisses me off even more. Sad day for Utila, Utilians and Roatan.

Unbelievable! Another example of why I crossed Roatan off the list for investment and retirement years ago.

Cut their heads off and hang the bodies from a tree on Utila.

Vern is a guy who definitely was serving a function on the bay islands, helping people avoid the horrible out-of-the-way big ferry rides to get from Roatan to Utila or vise-versa. He was living the classic dream life. Anyway, I'd like to figure out how to get information on the two alleged assassins as their court hearings begin. It's hard to imagine what they were trying to accomplish. You can't hide on Utila for long. Not having Vern's ferry is going to put a dent in things on Utila making travel more difficult. Also, Vern was a pretty big "face" of Utila, and the community and reputation of Utila will suffer with his loss. Please update any information you hear about Vern's case.

one of verns murderers has already been murdered in prison.

It is believed that these two jailed suspects were paid by a third party to commit the first murder.

one of verns murderers has already been murdered in prison.

Thus, that was kind-of predictable.

Back
Top Bottom