Review Roatan, infinity bay and diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caribean-ted

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Well as I promissed my review of Infinity Bay resort, and the diving in Roataan.
The resort was beautiful, rooms very clean, gorgeous kitchen, if you cook they had everything you need except the food. Theres no alchohol or water in the room for you, the fridge has a water filter built in so you can buy a bottle of water and refill it. Balcony was roomy, nice table, my view was the side of the building where you check in. Can still look sideways and see the pool and palm trees, still nice, other way was the mountain to look at. Very serene.

Not much of a party scene, as I said, older crowd, but a great bunch of people there, staff are very helpful but slow service, also for those who get all inclusive through sunwing, its not all inclusive, in the buffet I was told you have to pay for your alchohol, at the bar near the beach, its all inclusive, dont ask I have no idea why. You can relax there, wifi is everywhere except in your room, I had it a couple times but it vanished, also I was blocked from here after the first day using it.
Bring bug spray, I got bit on my legs pretty good from the beach. Fleas or mosquitoes.
The shore diving is awsome, I free dove from there, no snorkel, was never comfy with it.
The reef is right there and awsome fish life.

Infinity bay divers, were great, took to a few great spots, very safety minded, however I booked a 10 dive vacation, and when the storm was too bad on west side where there boats were parked,I got different stories as to why it got cancelled, I had to dive with Mayan divers, there great, they have their own dock on the east side so they can still dive when the storm hits the west side. East side was very calm and very clear, lots of fish life there also.

Crabs, huge lobster, sea turtles, lots of colorful coral and flora, colorful fish,
I will definately go back to roataan, I may try mayan princess next time, however Infinity bay was top notch. Just the dive opp wasnt very well coordinated when the storm came. They made it out the next day however but my dives were already booked through mayan at an extra cost of 40.00 per dive there due to diving the other side of the island.

Any questions I will try my best to answer them.
Hope the review was helpful for anyone considering going there.
I Loved it and would go back tomorrow if I could. However the last 3 days it dropped to 23c and high winds. Still managed to dive though. :)

Did you not venture off the property of Infinity Bay and go to West End at all? Venture over to the Tipsy Turtle just down the beach from you? Unless things have changed Mayan divers doesn't own a dock on the East side, but they are good about watching the weather, and they probably moved their boats over to the East side the day before in anticipation of the weather in order to keep diving. They've always been good like that.

Did you not venture off the property of Infinity Bay and go to West End at all? Venture over to the Tipsy Turtle just down the beach from you? Unless things have changed Mayan divers doesn't own a dock on the East side, but they are good about watching the weather, and they probably moved their boats over to the East side the day before in anticipation of the weather in order to keep diving. They've always been good like that.
actually checked out the blue marlin was good also couple spots in west end bad weather drove everyone indoors and the bars are outdoor
it cooled down from 30 at night to 23 in day time

seems your right mayan divers is well organized where infinity bay still needs to coordinate better for strorms they had couple days notice it was coming

i meant that infinity bay really didnt have much activity besides snorlel diving and drink and eat. they need adjust for when theres a storm cause no place to go besides your room

Mayan Divers is run by Anja and Liber. I did my DM with them years ago and can tell you they are two of the most organized people I've met. West Bay is definitely more quiet - which I prefer. West End has much more night life and restaurants. You can enjoy both places easily in one trip.

Great report!

I am looking into going back to infinity bay again for Nov 2013, I may book with enja this time. she was pretty cool and upfront. They seem to be better organized. Also wish I could remember the dm names, both of them were great. Had a great time. Just need to find out what kind of deals I can get from them.

+1 for Mayan Princess and Mayan Divers, storms were abound when we were there in November and they drove us over to the south shore to dive there every day except the first. Great diving there along the wall, but would have liked to see more of the north side as well. Anja and hear team are great and the resort is modern, nice and cozy. Looking forward to going back, hopefully with better weather :)

---------- Post added March 22nd, 2013 at 12:00 PM ----------

They seem to be better organized. Also wish I could remember the dm names, both of them were great.
The French girl is Julie, the guy with the curly gray here is Jeannot. I forgot the name of the other girl.

I was there mar 2-3 for two tank dives each day because of the storm. Was great diving. Yes I remember julie, very nice girl. and Jeannot, he was cool. great guy as well. Julie especially, she was showing me all the macro life to video tape. Would dive with her any day. :)

I remember julie, dont remember sarah. I dont think she was there that day. Was a lot going on. Happens when your single LOL

How was mayan resort as opposed to infinity bay for comfort and affordability and pool etc.. I know the reef is in front of infinity bay so that was a bonus for swimming with goggles on between dives.

Sarah was the other girl DM I think

Yes, Sarah was the other female DM, and a good one too. She no longer works for Myan Divers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom