Roatan Airport new rules

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RTBDiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Just a heads up, Until they get it figured out then plan on extremely long wait times at immigration coming and going. New fingerprinting started and this past Saturday some were in line for 4 hours before the aborted the system for the day but they continue to try it, I would say 3 hours earl would be minimum to leave right now also. I have friends coming in A week from Tomorrow and can update then
They averaged 5-6 minutes per person and 4 planes came in within about an hour and a half so figure the math on 5 hundred or so

Wow. Please keep us updated on this. I'm taking a group there Nov 1....hope it has sorted out by then!

Eeeek yeah thanks for the notice. I am not heading back until Feb in the New Year but I have subscribed to this thread to be kept abreast of what's happening - I don't love surprises.

I was at that airport last Saturday. What a mess! I had to queue up to pay exit tax, then another queue to check luggage, another queue to make sure I paid the exit tax, then another queue to the dreaded immigration line for fingerprinting. The lines were snaking and interweaving. When I finally got through the x-ray line, I thought I was done and my next step was just to get on the plane...nope, they had to check my carry-on again prior to boarding. Glad we decided to get to the airport early! Lots of nervous people with connecting flights around me. I appreciate that all these different checkpoints employ many people, but I can imagine this deterring a a lot of people from returning. But the diving was great and I will definitely return! Just hope they streamline the process a bit!

We came in on Wednesday @ 11 am on a little Avianca plane with less than twenty folks on board. It took us about thirty minutes to get through the check. Coming from Texas where we are getting thousands of Hondurans entering illegally it seemed hypocritical at best. If the line getting out next Saturday is three hours we will probably start spending our $4-5k vacation dollars elsewhere.

If the line getting out next Saturday is three hours we will probably start spending our $4-5k vacation dollars elsewhere.

I'm sure with any new technology there's a learning curve. It just happens to have been implemented at the precise time you were arriving. Hopefully by the time you leave it will be a little better. I'm sure they will improve the process with time. Roatan is worth it :D

I'm sure with any new technology there's a learning curve. it :D

This is not new technology, this has been around for years and in the works for Honduras for the better part of the year, people were supposed to be being trained and the system tested, Perhaps the biggest issue is why, on the busiest day since implementation , Did the immigration lines consist of One person for residents and two for all others when there was room for 7 total? Why have they all not done Mavis Beacon typing class? That was what took the longest , Of course then the Language barrier will always be an issue for this type of thing. Spanish speaking country with very few bilingual national government workers Stay tuned for more next week ,

(why) Did the immigration lines consist of One person for residents and two for all others when there was room for 7 total? Why have they all not done Mavis Beacon typing class?

You almost sound like you are new to a Honduras.:rofl3:

Twit Advisor message board is quite keyed up.

This too shall pass... When the machine's electronics corrode.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom