Is the Reef House Resort Legit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eaglesj

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey Guys,

So I was looking into Roatan, and thought that the reef house would be an affordable place to go. I wanted part of my trip to be in a different area than west bay. I emailed the Reef House Resort a number of times and they always got back to me. I sent them my deposit, asked them if it went through, and the replied that they had received the email and were going to check to make sure it went through. Well, it's been a week and I haven't heard from them even though I have emailed them two more times and the deposit has left my bank account. Is this place a legitimate business or did I just get scammed? I need to get accommodations planned since our flight is already booked. I have never had to do direct bank transfer before for a trip but thought that maybe it was a little different in Honduras. Also, I thought it was interesting to pay in full before arriving.

Been there. It is a low budget op that suits many divers' needs for low cost AI diving. We won't return but it is popular with a lot of divers. No problem with payments. 100% pre-pay is normal for AIs.

It'd legit. Its low cost and its Roatan.

You will be fine....

It'd legit.

Whatever that means, I think I'd agree.

Dan- I also do have some apostrophes for sale on eBay

My wife and i have stayed there 3 times. Absolutely fabulous diving. Trying to book it again for May. Got a quote. but decided to stay a little bit longer. NO REPLY!!!! Don't know what is going on, but they don't seem eager to have us book our trip. My feelings go out for the dive master Davit. There is no better dm them him. Anybody got any info on what is going on?

Hmm I'm thinking about going back there in a couple months myself (went in May 2013). Sounds like I may be better off to spend a bit more and go to cocoview.

Are you folks sure your emails have been received and if so that an English speaker is working in the office? Not that it has happened recently, but there were times my emails to Roatan (other venues) were not received. Further, when it turned out that some had been received, the usual office staff being bilingual were on vacation or sick, etc. This has happened to me in a number of places around the world, but most noticeably in Central & Southern America.

It has become my habit to follow up and/or chase with a phone call. Yes, a call may cost me a few dollars more regardless, generally assures me I get what I'm after.

Anything to do with DEMA and they may of been at it with a extended vacation? Just a thought. Still no real excuse, however the booking for trips to Honduras is a little goofy compared to other places. Going to CoCoView again this year, and when you see how the payment is processed it makes you scratch your head, however its no issue to the consumer.

I can certainly understand your concerns. Why not just give them a call?

Contact Us

Feel free to contact us to inquire as to availability.
Email: reefHouseResort@gmail.com
To call us at the Resort in Honduras:

• 011 504 8914 2825
  • 011 504 3197 9484
  • 011 504 8975 1611 – en Español
  • To call us in the States
    1-877-812-5715
    1-678-359-1400

The date of the original post was right before DEMA - I'm sure they couldn't be in two places at one time and got back to the original poster long before now

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom