Coco View Food

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cbrussell

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
We visited Coco View a few years ago; perhaps three. We were impressed with the whole operation with the exception of the food. We heard through the rumor mill that their chef had quit a few weeks before our stay but that could not be confirmed we are not food snobs by any stretch but we do like a decent meal. The deserts were mostly "runny" and the meat down right awfull. The hamburgers were uneditable. What has been the experience of those who have stayed their recently? Has the food been upgraded?
It is a great place but if only the food were better.
Thanks

We were there in November and the food was fine. It was typical CoCo View food, plentiful and hearty, but not gourmet. We will be back in May.

Jackie

I just got back this past weekend. The food was fine and i'm pretty picky. The burgers were really good, however I must say that the cattle there taste nothing like the cattle in the USA. Blackened fish was alright, however the battered and fried fish we had for one lunch was AWESOME!!! Blackened shrimp and battered shrimp on different occasions, I happen to like both, more so the battered shrimp. I'm not a big fan of the dessert selection, mostly because i'm a chocolate style fanatic and they lean on the tropical-fruity style of dessert. The monkey lala's although not food, are just plain awesome. At breakfast you can plan on the scrambled eggs being runny to the point of yuck, however the bacon and sausage are good, and you can have them make you an omelete and just ask them to over cook it, which will make it just right. Hope this helps. They were also very accommodating to all the Gluten-free hype people there.

I always gain weight while I am there...I was there last June and I will be there this June...I could live on the beans and rice...but the menu is varied and I never went hungry..I always eat the scrambled eggs and never have found them runny..can't wait to go back

I have been there a couple of times. The food is buffet style. I think it is basic, plentiful, with decent variety. I can always find something that I like and usually more than that. The best part is that I am not cooking it!

One other comment - the nice ladies that run that kitchen are very accommodating when it comes to special requests....you just have to ask (preferably in advance when you book...and follow up when you get there so they know who you are). My daughter is a vegetarian and they provided a separate dish for her on nights when there were mainly meats for entrees, including at the outdoor bbq. Obviously they didn't have to do this given the salad bar and rice/beans, but they really took care of her.

Nice action photos Doc

Nice action photos Doc

:rofl3: Yep- a lot of quick movements during feeding time.

The food is one reason we haven't rushed back. We were there in May 2013 and thought the food was mostly pretty mediocre. Rice & beans were good but they didn't even always have them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom