Media Luna-Aqua Adventures dive trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David_57

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just returned from a dive trip to Roatan had a great time summary as follows

Media Luna Resort and Spa

Rooms were fantastic they were actually separate cottages we had a problem with hot water but turned out it was us we did not turn the lever enough as it became a little tight and we thought it could not go any further. The resort as a whole was well kept, clean but with limited facilities, the view at night / sun set was beautiful to say the least, the layout and location of the resort could not have been much better.

Food was not the greatest for the first couple of days but we noticed a significant improvement by the third day, meals were served three times a day with only one small snack bar which was very limited to say the least, but no problems for me as I am happy with three meals.

The staff were extremely friendly probably the nicest I have seen in my travels over the years, they seemed to appreciate having us at their resort.

Outside of the swimming pools, sun deck and bar along with a small beach there was not much to do unless you caught a cab into town, or rented a car to visit around the island, if your a diver that's an added bonus.

The first week my wife was getting bitten quite a lot by sand flies I never got one bite, the second week for what ever reason they started on me, had difficulty to sleep at night at times due to the itching, but to be honest we could have been better prepared with something to alleviate this, they resort sprayed every morning to try and reduce this problem, wish I new the secret to why I never got bitten the first week.

Aqua Adventure Divers

We dove with Aqua Adventures, their boat was very nice easy to get in and out of, the captain and Dive master Darren were fantastic very easy going patient and would allow us to stay down for an hour sometimes a little longer. Darren was great at finding things for us to see and took great pleasure when he did find something. After about four dives he let his son Darren junior dive with us almost like our own Dive master which was great because he new his way around the reef's and like his dad very nice and patient great at finding really small sea life. The reefs were pristine with plenty of sea life, and for the people that say there is no large sea life in Roatan our last dive #18 on Caribe Reef we saw a large Spotted Eagle Ray, and as a bonus Darren junior let me spear a Lion fish which along with the two he had speared fed to a very large Moray all three of them!

I should also mention the shore dive at Media Luna was very nice with a reef top and wall, I dove to 93ft and was nowhere near the bottom, it takes about 5 minute swim to make it to the reef top from the shore, if you loose your way like we did on our second shore dive it can take 15 minutes.

All in all it was a great dive trip and I would return in a heart beat, I cannot say enough good things about Darren and Darren junior, oh did I mention my dive computer leaked and Darren took it rinsed out the sea water dried it and installed a new battery it worked perfect for the rest of our trip with no charge as I had a spare battery!

Thanks for the report Dave! I'm so happy you enjoyed diving with Daren and "DJ" (Daren, Jr.). Those two were so awesome with us the two weeks before you were there. Daren is a true professional and I'm happy to see he has passed the genes on to the next generation :D

I always rave so much about them, but the two guys on the boat deserve accolades as well. Dimas is a super boat captain and Wilmer does a great job on deck. Between the two of them, I felt completely spoiled. I've developed some issues with an arthritic knee, and they WOULD NOT let me climb up the boat ladder with my gear on - they insisted that I take my BC off and hand it up to them after EVERY dive. Really great guys.

Those are the kind of people that keep us going back to the same place time after time :coffee:

Yes you are correct Dimas was a great boat captain and helped everyone to get into their gear once we reached the dives site, you would be hard pressed to find a better team on a dive boat, Dimas, Darren, and Darren junior.

So proud of Daren, Dimas & Wilmer. Really THE best boat crew Aqua Adventures ever had. DJ is working on his Divemaster course and since the very first day that I had the pleasure to dive with him, I noticed how much he already knew, thanks to his dad and all the time he spent diving, practicing, observing. He is the best DiveMaster in training we ever had.
So happy we get to share our passion with all our divers. We promise to continue doing our best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since we're raving about the awesome staff at Aqua Adventures and bragging about our dive experiences, lets see if we can put some faces with the names:

Doc, Daren, Diva, DJ.jpgDoc, Daren, Diva, DJ

Wilmer.jpgWilmer & Diva

Yovanny.jpgCajuncru Diver & Yovanny

Daren.jpgDaren & Diva

Daren, Jr.jpgDiva & DJ (Daren, Jr.)

Cajun Gang.jpgThe Cajun Gang

Cajuncru Diver & Diva.jpgCajuncru Diver & Diva

@Mirta2 I am sure once the word spreads about your dive op and the great people that work there you will need a couple more dive boats its just a matter of time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom