Deco Dive / Blue Hole Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vin

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have heard that the dive gets very cool around 120 feet and max you out at 140. Does any dive outfit let you extend your bottem time to roll into deco?

Not officially (normally) though as many dive guides don't seem to have computers they wouldn't know anyway. I do occasionally take suitably qualified divers on a deco dive in the Hole, both on grounds of depth and duration. Anything more than 1 hr run time needs a dedicated boat which becomes very costly, but up to that can often be arranged.

Other than as a sheer technical exercise, there isn't much to recommend it.

I don't know if it is still true, but the bull sharks used to hang out on the one side around 150 feet. A few of the dive shops would take people down for a decompression dive to see the sharks.

Most other dive shops dove the other side and went down to 130 feet (there is a bit of an overhang there with stalagtites). They recomended that you stick to no decompression because it is a long boat ride of problems occured, but they let you dive your computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom