Airfare to Belize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

zonicles

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Been watching airfares to Belize City for a while. From my little town, it has been running about $825. For some reason, the flight that I wanted on Continental was $664 on airfare.com, this evening.

So I snagged it. Not great but will do. This is more than $100 cheaper than Continental's own site.

robint - I tried that website and the fares were still $100 more than on airfare.com

I'm not trying to promote airfare.com. In fact, it occurred to me that it could be a scam. Probably not, but it is too good to be true.

Been watching airfares to Belize City for a while. From my little town, it has been running about $825. For some reason, the flight that I wanted on Continental was $664 on airfare.com, this evening.

So I snagged it. Not great but will do. This is more than $100 cheaper than Continental's own site.

Given your concerns I would suggest you do some research.

A quick Google search turned up the following:

Airfare.com Review 2008

A second link to Fromer's appears follwoing the reviewer comments below.
I haeve never used airfare.com

Airfare.com Reviewer's Comments

lg.php

lg.php

Airfare.com is a very small and simple flight and hotel service. It only has the ability to book airfare and hotel reservations. Airfare’s services offer flights both domestically and internationally.
Unfortunately, when booking a flight you cannot get frequent flyer miles, and they do not offer any additional resources like travel news or weather reports. Additionally if for any reason, you need to change your ticket dates or flight numbers there is a $200.00 fee.
Customer support is a small section of information about rates and terms and conditions. We also found Airfare.com does not offer email support or an FAQ section. We had to call the company to answer our questions.
For an online travel service that offers air, hotel, car and cruise bookings with excellent customer service see the #1 site, Expedia.com.

Travel Talk - Beware of Airfare.com

Not that this helps here but I have found that using frequently flier miles to be one of the best bangs for the buck when flying from the US to the Caribbean or Central America. Of course this is if your travel is flexible.

Airfare.com does have a $200 international change fee - but then so does orbitz and expedia and all the others.

So far, the only difference that I can detect is the $100 cheaper fare. I even get frequent flyer miles. So for what its worth.

try flying into cacun then you can catch a bus to chetumal the bus is cheap an takes a while but it should save you a grip

Airfare.com does have a $200 international change fee - but then so does orbitz and expedia and all the others.

So far, the only difference that I can detect is the $100 cheaper fare. I even get frequent flyer miles. So for what its worth.

it's $350 per passenger now!
Instead of 2 hours of layover in Frankfurt on the way from Moscow to Seattle for my wife and child they booked a 14 hours overnight layover. Taking into account that Russian citizens need a German visa to get out of the airport to a hotel and that it is a big hassle and expense to obtain German visa (requires a separate trip from our city in the South of Russia to Moscow with a 3 days stay there), this was a horrible experience. And they demanded $700 to for the correction of their screw up!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom