Cruise diving.. blue hole opinions, etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Toadie

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hey there,

I'll be in Belize in February docking at TURNEFFE ATOLL and was wondering a couple things...

1. I've read about the time it takes to get to and from the blue hole and I'm wondering if it's possible during an 8 to 5 shore visit, and if it's worth it?

2. Would diving closer be better?

3. Any dive shops you would recommend?

I would just dive Turneffe. The Elbow (southern tip) is really good. You're about an hour (depending on conditions) to Lighthouse from Turneffe, much closer than the dive shops in San Pedro, which is where to long trip tales originate.

it could be done if you have someone to take you on that schedule but you might be just as well off diving Turneff if you have never dove it. Blue hole is about an hr from you depending on conditions then you will have 2 more dives pluse surface intervals.

1. IMO it's probably not worth it unless you just want to say you dove the blue hole (which I did and now I can say I dove the blue hole, for what it's worth). It kinda reminded me of diving in lake travis but the dead trees were upside down; stalactites don't seem particularly interesting to me but the reef sharks were pretty cool.

2. I would absolutely recommend diving around Turneffe over the blue hole!

3. Don't know any dive operators to recommend, sorry.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom