How are the current conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

garyw90

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
My wife and I are coming down a week from Saturday, and I was hoping to settle her about the current conditions. I see that there is Tropical Depression 15 in the area. My wife's Droid is making her think it is raining all day and we'd be spending our time in the hotel. Is it typical Caribbean, with some thundershowers, but mostly warm and breezy, or is it really raining all day?

Most importantly (for me), is it divable down there at the moment? For me that is the whole point of going there!

A week from Saturday any tropical storm or hurricane will be long gone. Stop looking at weather reports until next Wed.

It'll be in Houston by then...

I was diving a couple of days ago, way up north (but still on AC). Water temp was 86f, sea was dead calm (couldn't even see the reef), and visibility was maybe 80-100ft.

It may be back to that by the time you arrive, but it's pretty certain it'll have been rather nasty in the meantime.

A week from Saturday any tropical storm or hurricane will be long gone. Stop looking at weather reports until next Wed.

I hope you're right. The water is reeeeaaaallly warm here now though. This is the time of year they can pop up right off our shore.

I just flew back from Belize on Saturday at noon. The wind was at a sustained 40mph with intermittent rain. The seas were pretty rough on the boat ride from Turneffe Flats to Belize City. It took about 8 guys to dock the boat, and we managed to hit the pier, which caused damage to the boat and took out a pylon.

My only concern for you would be viz. The DM was talking about how poor it would be for a week or so after the weather blows through.

Back
Top Bottom